Did anyone play the Mass Effect 1 DLC?

#1 Posted by Jamakan_Inc (81 posts) -

Hey guys. So I felt weirdly compelled to jump back into Mass Effect 1 after completing 3. Have any of you guys played the DLC or know whether it's worth playing? Does it carry into ME2 like Shadow Broker and Overlord did into 3? Thanks in advance guys.

#2 Posted by Wikitoups (799 posts) -

Bring down the sky carries over a bit to mass effect 2 just the outcome of there terrorist and hostages

#3 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

The ME1 dlc was shit. I wanted to S rank this game, but I refused to buy another DLC after getting the first.

#4 Posted by Daiphyer (1333 posts) -

I am currently playing through Mass Effect 1, but only have done the Pinnacle Station DLC. It's a disappointing combat arena. :( I don't know if there is anything important enough to have bring onto ME2 - 3.

I still haven't played Bring Down The Sky, but it's like 1$ on XBL so just get it.

#5 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

Bring down the sky isn't awful.

Never played Pinnacle station, but it sounds awful and that's what the majority seems to think.

#6 Posted by MetalBaofu (1372 posts) -

Bring down the sky is alright. Nothing amazing, but it does have story and is kinda interesting. Plus, as mentioned, it's just 80 points now. Pinnacle Station, on the other hand, is pretty much pointless.

#7 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Bring Down the Sky does carry over into ME3, and depending on what you did the strength of a fleet and the difficulty of recruiting them changes, from what I understand. 
Pinnacle Station is a combat arena which doesn't carry over at all into the other games, I think, but it is place to get some extra XP. 

So, none of them are really essential, but BDtS does at least have a small impact on ME3.

#8 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (330 posts) -

I played Bring Down the Sky and thought it was alright.

#9 Posted by Tyashki (213 posts) -

@NapTimeSleeper said:

I played Bring Down the Sky and thought it was alright.

#10 Posted by Jaytow (693 posts) -

I played both of them and they were both A OK.

#11 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4967 posts) -

Bring down the Sky carries into ME3. If you let the terrorist go so you can save the hostages, he comes back in 3.

#12 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Bring down the Sky is great stuff, the rest not so much.

#13 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10889 posts) -

Bring Down the Sky was cool, but Pinnacle Station, well....Avoid that one like the plague!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.