Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Difficulty achievement issues

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By sickVisionz

Ok.  I goto settings and switch it to hardcore.  Then i'll either create a new character or start a new game with an existing character.  I NEVER change the difficulty.

I've beaten the game 3 times now doing this and it still won't give me the damn achievement.  Am I missing something?  Do you have to turn off aim-assist?  Do you have to turn off squad power usage?  Does changing ANYTHING in the options menu throw the game off?  I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Mrnitropb

If you do a new gme plus, it starts out with the original difficulty, and you have to set the difficulty to hardcore ASAP. It can be hinky, and I'm going to be super pissed if my insanity playthrough doesn't log.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Vorbis

Once you create a new game you can switch the difficulty as many times as you like on the Normany, but once you step foot on Eden Prime changing it will ruin your achievement.

LeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By LeadNinja

Playing a different character on a lower difficulty somehow changed the difficulty on my insanity playthrough as well, somehow.  So no achievable for me :-(

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By wh1terav3n

Yeah you need to set it after you start, you and contrary to Vorbis, you CAN change it on Eden prime just not after.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.