Does Shepard have to use the abilities for the achievements?

#1 Posted by Krummey (198 posts) -

Been cleaning up some achievements in ME. I feel like I've used all of the biotic powers at least 75 times, but with Liara. Does it need to be Shep?

#2 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

No. You just have to command them to do the abilities

#3 Posted by Krummey (198 posts) -

Hmm...ok. Hopefully they'll pop soon. Thanks!

#4 Posted by Trylks (826 posts) -

@jkuc316 said:

No. You just have to command them to do the abilities

Oh... crap, I was just letting them to do their own... I guess that doesn't count?

#5 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

@Trylks: Yeah it doesn't,I've tried but it doesn't count.

#6 Posted by LiquidSaiyan3 (458 posts) -

I found a guide on wikia saying that Shepard had to perform the abilities. It seems accurate to me as I've used other characters' abilities a lot, maybe more than the abilities I've actually gotten the achievements on, and haven't received the achievements for abilities my Shepard doesn't have.

Looks like I'm going to have to roll an Adept and Engineer to clean up those achievements :\

#7 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1169 posts) -

I made an adept and engineer and used the abilities myself.

I don't know if that's the only way or not, but better safe than sorry.

#8 Posted by AyKay_47 (293 posts) -

I did it by rolling engineer/adept and using the abilities on the mako for like half an hour. I think it has to be in an area where you can get in and drive it though, so not on the Normandy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.