Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Elevator loading

Doogie2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Doogie2K

As someone who hasn't yet played the game, but owns it on 360, a simple question: does installing the game improve the (allegedly) interminable load times in the elevators?

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tylea002

No, the elevator loads are hard coded, there is no way to change them. Shame they didnt make them more variable.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Shadow

I never take elevators.  After going up once and activating the fast travel whatever-they-ares, you can just fast travel everywhere in the citidel, which is actually much faster than even taking one elevator.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Chummy8

PS:  It really isn't that big a deal.  You often get dialogue between your team members that changes depending on who you have in your party.  Also, I would rather have the elevator scene than a hard loading screen.

I didn't even know that there was a problem with the elevators until I did some reading about the game after I already played a good amount of it.

Doogie2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Doogie2K

Belated thanks for everyone's help; I see now what you mean about how the elevators are handled since I've started.  A couple of further questions:

1) Can I use the DLC now that I've already got an active game, or would I need to start a new one in order to use it?
    2) How much party-swapping will I need/want to do?  It's been a while since KotOR, so I don't remember how BioWare tends to handle the levelling of your unused counterparts.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Lies
    Doogie2K said:
    "Belated thanks for everyone's help; I see now what you mean about how the elevators are handled since I've started.  A couple of further questions:1) Can I use the DLC now that I've already got an active game, or would I need to start a new one in order to use it?2) How much party-swapping will I need/want to do?  It's been a while since KotOR, so I don't remember how BioWare tends to handle the levelling of your unused counterparts."
    Yeah the DLC should be accessible as long as you aren't in the end stages of the game.

Your party levels up at an equal rate, so unused characters level up at the same time used characters do. For example, if you play Garrus to level 17, then switch out for Tali, Tali will be at level 17.
    Doogie2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doogie2K
    Lies said:
    "Yeah the DLC should be accessible as long as you aren't in the end stages of the game.

Your party levels up at an equal rate, so unused characters level up at the same time used characters do. For example, if you play Garrus to level 17, then switch out for Tali, Tali will be at level 17. "
    Those were the answers I was hoping for.  Thank you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.