Finally getting around to playing this

#1 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -

I bought this used for $25 a couple months ago and finally started it tonight. After totally botching my first attempt at a custom Lady Shepard (but still playing with her for 2.5 hours), I couldn't stand it any more and started fresh. My second was better, but still not right. If I'm going to spend hours playing this game, I can't be disappointed everytime I see her face in a cutscene. 

After the third try, I'm quite happy with my final results. 

Introducing Neena Shepard, the Earthborn, Ruthless Soldier:  

#2 Posted by JCGamer (663 posts) -

Man, I totally suck at making in-game characters.  Every time I try, they look damn weird.  Nice work though on your Lady Shepard though.

#3 Posted by tnecniv (51 posts) -

I know the feeling of awful custom characters.  My male Shepard has bright green eyes.  They looked alright while making the character, but now he looks possessed.

#4 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@JokerSmilez: My advice, don't change the character at all. 
#5 Edited by Daveyo520 (6764 posts) -

As am I. Picked it up on Steam for 5 bucks like so many others. Well I did play it on the 360 when it came out, but I never got to beat it. I however go with the default Shepard, cause he looks just fine.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" @JokerSmilez: My advice, don't change the character at all.  "
good advice 

I tried playing Mass Effect  3 times. always got confused/bored out of my mind after 1-2 hours.... fuck mass effect =/
#7 Posted by Yummylee (21665 posts) -

I always put so much effort and assurance into my Shepards so I wouldn't have the same problem as you did. Feeling fed up with how he/she looks and just starting over.

#8 Posted by JokerSmilez (1293 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" @JokerSmilez: My advice, don't change the character at all.  "
After a couple tries, I'm very happy with my custom Lady Shepard. Much better, IMO, than the default. This one suits the personality I've decided on for her much better.
#9 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

Oh she's pretty. My custom characters always end up looking really shocked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.