Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Graphic Stuttering normal? XBOX 360

SugarRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SugarRay

Playing on XBOX 360 with component cables, the console is a "new" refurbished.

During early and levels  play I would notice small, very small graphic stuttering when moving around and such, nothing too bad but you could tell. Once arriving to Feros, I am currently having bigger stutters/lag when moving about and this time it is very noticeable.  This doesn't happen in combat, just moving about. 

Is this normal? Any way to eliminate this or just have to deal with it? It is not enough to distract gameplay, just curious if there is a remedy to it.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By AlwaysAngry

YES! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME! 

It's like at -5 frames per second! One of the reasons I decided to stop playing this shit game.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

It's the game. It's better on the PC (the frame rate that is), but not by too much. Prepare for the end of the game though, you will be enjoying the set-piece and combat...and then you'll be moving at 12 FPS.  

Again, as far as I'm aware, its the game and it can't really be fixed on the 360 (?).

SugarRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By SugarRay

Thanks for the replies. Sucks at points but it isn't too bad for me, I can see how others would be pretty annoyed though.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Sooty
    @SirOptimusPrime said:

" It's the game. It's better on the PC (the frame rate that is), but not by too much. Prepare for the end of the game though, you will be enjoying the set-piece and combat...and then you'll be moving at 12 FPS.   Again, as far as I'm aware, its the game and it can't really be fixed on the 360 (?). "

What do you mean but not by too much? I think it's a lot better on PC especially if you can run it a high framerate throughout, even 30+fps average is far better than the 360 version. The hotkeys for abilities are so much better than having to pause like you do on the 360, they sorted that out somewhat for Mass Effect 2 on 360 though.

My game went so slow I honestly thought my 360 was going to crash one time.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By animateria

Hell even the PC version (which is deemed superior) loses a ton of frames at random.

The game engine isn't well optimized on ME1. Something they fixed on ME2, thankfully.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Supermarius
    @SugarRay said:
    " Playing on XBOX 360 with component cables, the console is a "new" refurbished.  During early and levels  play I would notice small, very small graphic stuttering when moving around and such, nothing too bad but you could tell. Once arriving to Feros, I am currently having bigger stutters/lag when moving about and this time it is very noticeable.  This doesn't happen in combat, just moving about.    Is this normal? Any way to eliminate this or just have to deal with it? It is not enough to distract gameplay, just curious if there is a remedy to it. "
    you could try turning off the cinema grain filter, maybe it would reduce the system load a little. An install also might help. I dont know though.
    nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By nywt

Ya that is pretty normal for the game. No matter how you look at it Bioware skimped on the polishing of the game engine.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Sooty

This game is a total mess on 360, after playing it on PC smoothly all the way through and coming back to the 360 version it really does feel like garbage.

I'm only putting up with it because I want a save to take through to the 360 version of Mass Effect 2, which thankfully doesn't have these issues. ¬____¬

@animateria said:

" Hell even the PC version (which is deemed superior) loses a ton of frames at random.  The game engine isn't well optimized on ME1. Something they fixed on ME2, thankfully. "

I have to be honest, I didn't have any framerate issues on the PC at all (solid 60 throughout), are you sure that's not just your system being unable to keep up with the game at certain points?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.