Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

I just cannot get into this game yet.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Okay, so i am trying to beat mass effect right now before ME2 comes out. I know, pathetic. I hate beating games just becuase I am hyping up for a sequel, and was too lazy to beat it when it came out. For every game really, except for the Uncharted series, I beat the shit out of the game before the sequel was announced. ANYWAY, Does mass effect stay the same after the 2 first two hours, if it doesn't, I will stick it out further, But right now, I am not feeling it. Any advice or thoughts about what really seemed to make you like ME when it came out. Motivation would come in handy, I really want to like it thanks. Oh, on another note, I am done with the whole dicking around on the forums, it was seriously my bad, and I apologize.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Green_Incarnate

1. Become a Biotic.
    2. Throw people into space.

Giuseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Giuseppe

Wat part are you on?

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sopranosfan

I wasn't crazy about it at first either I played a couple of hours and  sent it back to gamefly....but then I gave it another shot during a slow game period and I enjoyed it quite a bit.  Not the best game I have personally played but I did thoroughly enjoy it the second time.  Give it a few hours and see how you still feel.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB
    @Green_Incarnate said:
    " 1. Become a Biotic. 2. Throw people into space. "
    I might take that advice, because I've recently been delving back into Mass Effect for the same reason, and I'm so offput by a whole bunch of technical problems and plain boredom with my character (Vanguard with a shotgun). That would kind of the defeat my purpose for playing it, though; I really wanted to get my character up to the level cap just as much as re-learning the finer parts of the game's story.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

Because your too busy running your own midget bar?
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I feel for you son. As someone who has been struggling to finish ME1 again in order to prep for ME2, it's an arduous process for sure. I suggest staying away from most of the sidequests because they suck for the most part and don't really give much of a reward.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    @Giuseppe said:
    " Wat part are you on? "
    ehh, kind of embarrassing, but I just got on the Huge ship, forgot the name of it.
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    @Abyssfull said:
    " Because your too busy running your own midget bar? "
    I really do apologize for that, dick move on my part.
    Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Captain_Insano
    @Abyssfull said:
    nice, I was going to say something similar.

Check it out on Google everyone.
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    @Captain_Insano said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    nice, I was going to say something similar.  Check it out on Google everyone. "
    On Bing too.
    Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Other fun class is all tech using neural shock. And the one where you can control AI.

BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    @Green_Incarnate said:
    " Other fun class is all tech using neural shock. And the one where you can control AI. "
    Thanks so much. I seem to be having more troubles with the video settings at the moment, but once I get that running smoother, I will definitely check out your suggestions.
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By asurastrike
    @BestUsernameEver said:

" Okay, so i am trying to beat mass effect right now before ME2 comes out. I know, pathetic. I hate beating games just becuase I am hyping up for a sequel, and was too lazy to beat it when it came out. For every game really, except for the Uncharted series, I beat the shit out of the game before the sequel was announced. ANYWAY, Does mass effect stay the same after the 2 first two hours, if it doesn't, I will stick it out further, But right now, I am not feeling it. Any advice or thoughts about what really seemed to make you like ME when it came out. Motivation would come in handy, I really want to like it thanks. Oh, on another note, I am done with the whole dicking around on the forums, it was seriously my bad, and I apologize. "

Oh hey it's the midget troll who thinks google has a subscription fee, again.
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    @Asurastrike said:
    " @BestUsernameEver said:

" Okay, so i am trying to beat mass effect right now before ME2 comes out. I know, pathetic. I hate beating games just becuase I am hyping up for a sequel, and was too lazy to beat it when it came out. For every game really, except for the Uncharted series, I beat the shit out of the game before the sequel was announced. ANYWAY, Does mass effect stay the same after the 2 first two hours, if it doesn't, I will stick it out further, But right now, I am not feeling it. Any advice or thoughts about what really seemed to make you like ME when it came out. Motivation would come in handy, I really want to like it thanks. Oh, on another note, I am done with the whole dicking around on the forums, it was seriously my bad, and I apologize. "

Oh hey it's the midget troll who thinks google has a subscription fee, again. "
    Wow, you believed I was serious about the subscription fee? I believe that was the first successful troll that I will never do again. At least I know I can.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Jeust
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By Marz

Mass Effect is an RPG and pretty much the dialogue and decision making during those dialogue sequences is what makes it Mass Effect enjoyable.  If you don't like story or dialogue sequences then Bioware games in general aren't your cup of tea.  Sure the combat may be refined in Mass Effect 2 but you can expect a good portion of the game to be dialogue and story.

unreal999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By unreal999

SO i heard your a midget.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By asurastrike
    @BestUsernameEver said:
    " @Asurastrike said:

Wow, you believed I was serious about the subscription fee? I believe that was the first successful troll that I will never do again. At least I know I can. "
    No I didn't believe you, the point was everything you say is bullshit.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Red

Getting the Normandy does make things a little bit more action-oriented, but I strongly suggest playing through the game as an adept or a sentinel, at least for your first playthrough. 
    The shooting doesn't hold up too well, but it's still pretty darn fun to throw guys into the air with your magical space magic... 

that's magical.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By xyzygy

For the first two hours you'll be in the Citadel. Just wait it out and you'll be able to get your ship and fly off to places.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Rayfield

If you don't like the subtle art of conversation with NPCs, then Mass Effect is not for you. My advice is stick with it and enjoy telling Ashley to STFU at every opportunity and you will be rewarded with an awesome character-driven game.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Afroman269

The game does start slow because your getting introduced to characters and exploring the citadel. If you get further into the game and still don't like it then maybe.........it's not for you.

Giuseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Giuseppe
    @BestUsernameEver said:
    " @Giuseppe said:
    " Wat part are you on? "
    ehh, kind of embarrassing, but I just got on the Huge ship, forgot the name of it. "

The normandy?
    Giuseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Giuseppe
    @Giuseppe said:
    "@BestUsernameEver said:
    " @Giuseppe said:
    " Wat part are you on? "
    ehh, kind of embarrassing, but I just got on the Huge ship, forgot the name of it. "
    The normandy? "

never mind. u are on the citadal. 
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    @Asurastrike said:
    " @Asurastrike said:

Wow, you believed I was serious about the subscription fee? I believe that was the first successful troll that I will never do again. At least I know I can. "
    No I didn't believe you, the point was everything you say is bullshit. "
    haha, nice cover up for your gullibility.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.