I need to find out what Liara T'Soni said in Mass Effect 1

#1 Edited by yorro (558 posts) -

I need to find out what Liara T'Soni said in Mass Effect 1, the topic is about their partners death.  

Since Protheans live for hundreds of years, it is also possible to have marital partners from other races. Shepard asked what if their partners died too early, since not all races live for hundreds of years.  Liara mentioned something about value of the time their partners live rather than their death.  

I need the exact line. 

The thing is, tomorrow is the birthday of my friend's dad, who is now dead. I don't know what to say to her. But I remember something that Liara said in ME1, which is perfect. 

Someone help me.  I need the exact line. Answers would be appreciated very much. Thanks  

Kinda fucked up to be in a situation where your dad's birthday, Father's day, and your dad's death day to be in the same day. Plus being at an early age to see your dad getting shot in the head.

#2 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

Woa, wait, hold on. Your are gonna use a line from ME1 to try and console her? Dude, I don't know that line, but be fucking cautious about that, might just sound really weird, ya know.

#3 Edited by yorro (558 posts) -

Dude its not weird, its about taking value of the time they are alive rather than the time they are dead. Something like that, I can't say it properly thats why I need the specific line. 

I just need to alter it to "remembering the time they are alive rather than they are dead". Something like that.

I need the exact line to make it sweeter, and less shitty.

I kept searching for it, in the interwebs. I can't just search for it because it is not a memorable quote. 

Please Help

#4 Posted by Crono11 (1648 posts) -

I'm actually at that part in the game. Give me a couple of minutes and I can get it.

#5 Edited by yorro (558 posts) -

@crono11 said:

" I'm actually at that part in the game. Give me a couple of minutes and I can get it. "

Dude, are you digging that up?. OMG Thank you crono11, well if you are playing it, thanks anyway. 

Kinda fucked up to be in a situation where your dad's birthday, Father's day, and your dad's death day to be in the same day.  Plus being at an early age to see your dad getting shot in the head.
#6 Posted by Crono11 (1648 posts) -

Few Sapient species live as long as my kind. We have learned to take a philosophical approach to our unions.
We do not focus on the inevitable lose of our partners. Instead, we enjoy the time we spend with them.
And even after they are gone, a part of them lives on in us. The union is a connection that transcends both time
and space.

That's what she said about when their partner dies.

#7 Edited by yorro (558 posts) -

Omg thank you.  

Now I need to alter that up. And not the exact words because it will sound weird.

#8 Posted by thai_jedi (81 posts) -

THIS IS WHY I LOVE GIANTBOMB!!!!!!!!!! Only on this website would someone be playing a 3 year old game and be at the exact part that someone else needs so that they can console a friend using a line in a video game. Sorry this is one of those moments for me.

#9 Posted by Mikemcn (6988 posts) -
@yorro said:
" Omg thank you.   Now I need to alter that up. And not the exact words because it will sound weird. "
Yea, Sapient Species does not make for a good motivational speech, good luck I guess, hope it works out and I hope your friend feels better.
#10 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

dude what are the chances. my condolences 

#11 Posted by yorro (558 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:
" @yorro said:
" Omg thank you.   Now I need to alter that up. And not the exact words because it will sound weird. "
Yea, Sapient Species does not make for a good motivational speech, good luck I guess, hope it works out and I hope your friend feels better. "
Dude, I only need some parts. And that does not include the Sapient Species, Time and Space part.
#12 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I would like to know what she thinks of the quote. Also, am I the only one who read the title as "I need a Mass Effect t shirt".

#13 Edited by Jeust (10648 posts) -
@yorro said:

And your friend might think you're coming on into him. Not very good of a ice-breaker. :p
#14 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Game quotes have some use in the real world! I said it before!

Hope she appreciates it!  
Let us know!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.