Is Pinnacle Station worth playing?

#1 Posted by Dross (301 posts) -

I'm playing through Mass Effect for the first time.  I just finished Bring Down the Sky and enjoyed it quite a bit, but I hear bad things about Pinnacle.  Oh and if I don't play it will it affect my Mass Effect 2 playthrough?  Thoughts? 

#2 Edited by xyzygy (9935 posts) -

Pinnacle Station isn't really too much to write home about, and this is coming from someone who considers Mass Effect his favorite game ever made. It's just basically a tournament type deal where you have to beat scores and get an easy 150 achievement points. Even for a massive Mass Effect fan it's kind of throwaway, but at the same time I'm glad I bought it.

I don't think it has anything affecting ME2, it might affect ME3 though. Who knows.

#3 Posted by mracoon (4966 posts) -

It's all combat scenarios which were not ME1's best feature. It doesn't link to ME2 in anway either so I wouldn't recommend it.

#4 Edited by Dross (301 posts) -

So it's the Mad Moxxie of Mass Effect?  I think I'll pass.  Thanks for the advice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.