Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Lets try this again! Last Decision help! *SPOILERS*

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Venatio

Alright this is the second time Im making this topic because the last one got deleted because of spoilers in the topic name 

Question is, save the council or let them die? Im on my fourth plathrough and preparering my character for ME2 

What did you do? Saved or let them die?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust
    @Venatio:  

In my save game of choice i saved them, but i have other games with the opposite choice. 

And you don't need to play the game again to see what happens if you save or let them die, just reload the save game prior to that choice.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Afroman269

I let those fuckers die. On my second playthrough I let them live and they appreciate the humans more now but I prefer killing them off because the humans begin to take a foot hold over the Citadel when they replaced the council.

VIGGO123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By VIGGO123

I chose to save them, that's because I always choose the  "good guy" option in cases like this.
    But this is a pretty major decision, since the outcome will probably change something in  ME2. Anyways, I think you should do what feels natural

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By FunExplosions

Well, I'd let 'em live. Before I had to reformat my computer, my first and best character did all the "good" deeds. I guess if you want the most cheerful possible ME2 experience, save 'em.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By ZenaxPure

Yay, the thread is back, anyhow: 

I let them die, they were way to annoying for my tastes. It wasn't revenge or retribution or anything like that I just was absolutely sick of them not hearing me out. I figure if I let them die they won't be around in the next game to ignore me.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Turambar

I say save them mainly because letting them die is according to Ryan the default storyline of ME2.  You can just start up a game without carrying over the character data if you want to see how that side of events resolve.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

Let them live.  Hopefully it improves their views and appreciation of myself and humans in ME2, but we will see.  Until we see where it goes we will not know.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Turambar said:
    " I say save them mainly because letting them die is according to Ryan the default storyline of ME2.  You can just start up a game without carrying over the character data if you want to see how that side of events resolve. "
    Ugh, kind of wish you hadn't said this.  I'm trying to avoid ME2 spoilers, and when they pop up on (somewhat) random threads it's kind of hard. 
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Turambar

Ah, sorry -_-'.  I didn't really consider that a spoiler since it's just the default history of ME2 and not anything that happens in it.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By wefwefasdf

I was so annoyed with the council by the end of the game I decided to let them die. Humans ftw!

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Venatio
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " I was so annoyed with the council by the end of the game I decided to let them die. Humans ftw! "
    Thats the thing, they are politicians so they are supposed to be annoying but I still kinda liked them 

Maybe I should just let them live because thats the Good Guy decision
    babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By babblinmule

I let them live because, at the time, i thought that the galaxy would be screwed if the humans ran everything.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Venatio said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " I was so annoyed with the council by the end of the game I decided to let them die. Humans ftw! "
    Thats the thing, they are politicians so they are supposed to be annoying but I still kinda liked them  Maybe I should just let them live because thats the Good Guy decision "
    They called you a liar! You owe them nothing! If they had listened to your wisdom many lives would have been saved. Karma sucks. ;)
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Afroman269
    @Venatio said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel said:
    Thats the thing, they are politicians so they are supposed to be annoying but I still kinda liked them  Maybe I should just let them live because thats the Good Guy decision "
    Nice guys finish last. You owe your species the chance to bring humanity to the forefront in the galactic community.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Venatio
    @SpikeSpiegel:  @Afroman269:  You both make good points, they should have listened from the start but they did have reasons for doubting me 

And maybe humans shouldnt run everything, even if the council lives we have a representative now and the other races desreves their representatives 

Maybe Im putting too much thought into this but it does affect everything in the sequel
    freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By freezerr

There ought to be a statute of limitations on spoilers. Nobody has a right to complain about spoilers for a 2007 game, especially one you can get cheap on steam, at this point.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Venatio
    @freezerr said:
    " There ought to be a statute of limitations on spoilers. Nobody has a right to complain about spoilers for a 2007 game, especially one you can get cheap on steam, at this point. "
    Thats exactly what I was thinking, I guess a moderater disagreed
    JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JoeyIA

Saved 'em
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By damswedon

i have never killed them and ive played through the game around 6 times.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jimbo

I went totally Pro-Human, because fuck aliens.  True, Citadel Space would have immediately revolted after what amounted to a coup d'etat by Human forces, but the Council did give me grief the entire game, so I think they deserved it.

I wish I could somehow use my 360 save with the PC version of Mass Effect 2, I only have some lame 'alternative' playthrough from PC Mass Effect.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22  Edited By Geno

I think I chose let them die. Me > Council. 

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#23  Edited By citizenkane

I personally let them die.  They were too whiny, bitchy and just plain annoying so I left them to their fate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.