Mass Effect 2 disc edition

#1 Posted by jhosaphat (212 posts) -

I loved KOTOR, but I missed out on this one last year. At 19.99 I think it's a great time for me to jump into it. Should I buy this game?

#2 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

Yes.

#3 Posted by Avalon (9 posts) -

Absolutely you wont regret it :)

#4 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Definitely, it's a brilliant game.

#5 Posted by freezerr (218 posts) -

The 2-disc edition is out?

#6 Posted by jhosaphat (212 posts) -
freezerr said:
"The 2-disc edition is out?"

Gamestop has it listed for sale as of 2/11/09.
#7 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

19.99 is a steal for this game

#8 Posted by TekZero (2663 posts) -

Yes.  Get it, you won't be dissappointed.

#9 Posted by CitizenKane (10502 posts) -

Get the game.  It is really awesome.  I'm sure that you'll enjoy it.

#10 Posted by dprabon (314 posts) -

I bought mine for about the same price...

After playing it, I wouldn't have minded paying full price, because it is entirely worth it
(  ;
#11 Posted by jhosaphat (212 posts) -

I am about 10 hours into Mass Effect, and I can say that I am very glad I bought this game. The story is fantastic, the art style is amazing, and the gameplay ia very enjoyable. I've listened to the criticisms of the game when it first came out, and I can vouch for most of them. The inventory system is mediocre, but not horrid as some have said. The elevators are also annoying, but this is a minor detail. I think installing to my hard drive has made some of the graphical erros like pop-in go away, as I have very rarely seen this. I just knew if I didn't install this game my disk drive was going to be toast!  The Mako is a bit too bouncy for my liking, and the turret firing has to be dealt with in the sequel.  I was a little worried that Mass Effect would be too much like Star Wars, but in reality, Bioware has truly defined a unique universe.

#12 Posted by ShadowKiller (894 posts) -

I haven't played this yet but if I seen it for $20 then I'd have it in my hands in the next 5 seconds.

#13 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

Mass Effect is one of my favorites. The side quests are pretty uninspiring, but the rest of the game is awesome.

#14 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Hahahahahahaah.

I misread the title as Mass Effect 2, Disc Edition. I was like, "What? Is it digital ditribution normally?"
#15 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

Yes! I'm thinking about trading in my version of Mass Effect (which is the solo disc), just to buy this version, so I don't have to download the DLC. But the game as a whole is very, very good.

#16 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"Hahahahahahaah.

I misread the title as Mass Effect 2, Disc Edition. I was like, "What? Is it digital ditribution normally?"
"
Same.

Anyway. It's a great game. Play it, friend.
#17 Posted by Warp (102 posts) -

I borrowed it from a friend just to try it out. We initially agreed for me to borrow it for like a week. I ended up keeping the game for six months and three playthroughs.

Totally worth playing. The sequell cant come fast enough.

#18 Posted by Jedted (2322 posts) -
Daz0608 said:
19.99 is a steal for this game

Agreed!  If you enjoyed Kotor then you should deffinatly buy this game!
#19 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
jhosaphat said:
I loved KOTOR, but I missed out on this one last year. At 19.99 I think it's a great time ... [more]
Yes. Even if you hated every other game you've ever played, you should buy this outstanding title for $20 bones. Like, this should not be a question. Oh yeah, some guy wrote this Mass Effect opus or whatever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.