Mass Effect 5$ on Steam

#1 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -

If you haven't played it by now, this seems like an extremely good deal.  Just getting the word out there :)   Mass Effect 2 is also on sale for 24$

#2 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Yeah don't miss it, you have absolutely no excuse, maybe except DRM, still mass effect for only $5.

#3 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

Now i'm tempted just to buy a second copy :)

#4 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Man I have a lot of games to play still once I finish DA:Origins... Should I wait for ME2 to go on sale again for even less than the current $24 later on? Or should I grab it up now and let it sit in my Steam list for a few months and just hope it doesn't go on sale for less by the time I play it.

#5 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:

" Man I have a lot of games to play still once I finish DA:Origins... Should I wait for ME2 to go on sale again for even less than the current $24 later on? Or should I grab it up now and let it sit in my Steam list for a few months and just hope it doesn't go on sale for less by the time I play it. "

I don't thin k it will go any lower until ME3 comes out or right before it comes out.
#6 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" Man I have a lot of games to play still once I finish DA:Origins... Should I wait for ME2 to go on sale again for even less than the current $24 later on? Or should I grab it up now and let it sit in my Steam list for a few months and just hope it doesn't go on sale for less by the time I play it. "
$24 is an incredible value for the amount of time and enjoyment you'll get out of ME2, just suck it up and buy it
#7 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

I urge anybody who hasn't played it and has the tiniest of interests in this game to get it!

#8 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -
@MrKlorox: it's the cheapest i've ever seen, it, just buy it and let it sit for a few months. It's worth it for sure, there is so much content in that game, it took me forever to finish everything.
#9 Posted by AlisterCat (5536 posts) -

I highly advise that anyone buying Mass Effect 2 goes in to the game with a completed Mass Effect 1 file. The things that carry across add so much value to the game. I got ME2 and bought ME1 for PC (completed it on Xbox) just so I could run through the game and get a save file with the choices I would make on it.

#10 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47:  Yeah it's the cheapest it's been on Steam, sure. But that's partially because the full price dropped by $10 a couple weeks ago (which didn't seem to affect the digital deluxe version?). I just have a feeling I'll see it on for %50 off or less by the start of fall.
#11 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

@MrKlorox: Yeah it's your loss if you are wrong. Considering it's a 30 hour, 95% gamerankings game. It's still worth playing or getting a copy of it now. I hope in the future you get the same sale. It's not always a guaranty.

It's definently like way better than mass effect, they adressed everything, even if it has less of a soul than the first game. It's technically a good game. I can't convey that through words.

#12 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

Mass 2 is worth 60 easy, so 25 is a steal. 

Argh... ME 1 is so cheap, I'm tempted to buy it, despite owning the console version. Dammit steam. 

#13 Posted by Daveyo520 (6682 posts) -

I bought them both. I had to.

#14 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I decided to get ME2. What pushed me was the fact that the horizontally scrolling 'featured games' ticker went from ME2 $24 directly to Alpha Protocol at $50. 

"Well hell, Steam. If you phrase it that way, how could I refuse?"

#15 Posted by xync4 (171 posts) -

ME1 download at 12% 

of course I make the mistake of launching steam when I actually have disposable $$ 

but sometimes mistakes can be funn ^^

#16 Posted by Evilmetal (468 posts) -

I got ME1 for 4.99 ... DAMN!

It's a great game. There's so much content and things to do, it's crazy. All for 4.99, wow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.