Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Mass Effect - Achievements not unlocking

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By thebeast

I've finally got around to playing Mass Effect on the 360, clocked about 30 hours so far but I've just noticed something a bit odd - no achievements have unlocked - there are some which I clearly should have earned by now, but haven't appeared either in-game or on my record. 

Has anyone had any similar problems? I'm sure I'll replay this some time in the future, but it seems very strange...

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

I've never heard of such a glitch, but I got all my achievements before Pinnacle Station was added.

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JoeyIA

Are you playing the original release or the platinum hits version?  There is some prob w/ the platinum hits one not unlocking achievements if you start a game and then download DLC.  I think the official solotuion was to start a new game.
    thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thebeast
    @JoeyIA: It's the original release and I don't have any DLC for it.
    JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By JoeyIA

Has your gamerscore changed?  Like, does your list of achievements say that they're locked but your still getting gamerscore for them?
    thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thebeast
    @JoeyIA: Nope - my gamerscore hasn't changed. 

Just had a thought, both the game and the console are second-hand (bought from a friend) - no doubt he played the game on his own profile. Will achievements unlock twice on the same console? I would have thought they will...
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I have heard of one case of this before. I think the way the guy resolved it was to disconnected his console from Xbox LIVE, reconnect and then save the game and the achievements would unlock.

Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

this happened to me before. i played offline for ages and beat it..but once i connected to xbox live, the console patched and the achievements didnt save to my profile. \o/

Gorikka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Gorikka
    @TheBeast: Yes, they will.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.