Mass Effect - Achievements not unlocking

#1 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -

I've finally got around to playing Mass Effect on the 360, clocked about 30 hours so far but I've just noticed something a bit odd - no achievements have unlocked - there are some which I clearly should have earned by now, but haven't appeared either in-game or on my record. 

Has anyone had any similar problems? I'm sure I'll replay this some time in the future, but it seems very strange...

#2 Posted by Bigandtasty (3204 posts) -

I've never heard of such a glitch, but I got all my achievements before Pinnacle Station was added.

#3 Posted by JoeyIA (663 posts) -

Are you playing the original release or the platinum hits version?  There is some prob w/ the platinum hits one not unlocking achievements if you start a game and then download DLC.  I think the official solotuion was to start a new game.
#4 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -
@JoeyIA: It's the original release and I don't have any DLC for it.
#5 Posted by JoeyIA (663 posts) -

Has your gamerscore changed?  Like, does your list of achievements say that they're locked but your still getting gamerscore for them?
#6 Posted by TheBeast (1931 posts) -
@JoeyIA: Nope - my gamerscore hasn't changed. 

Just had a thought, both the game and the console are second-hand (bought from a friend) - no doubt he played the game on his own profile. Will achievements unlock twice on the same console? I would have thought they will...
#7 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -

I have heard of one case of this before. I think the way the guy resolved it was to disconnected his console from Xbox LIVE, reconnect and then save the game and the achievements would unlock.

#8 Posted by sandwich_adjustment (685 posts) -

this happened to me before. i played offline for ages and beat it..but once i connected to xbox live, the console patched and the achievements didnt save to my profile. \o/

#9 Posted by Gorikka (116 posts) -
@TheBeast: Yes, they will.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.