Mass Effect on PC

#1 Posted by BongChilla (188 posts) -

Hello all,  

I have played only a little bit of Mass Effect when it was first released on the 360 years ago, I wanna try to get into it again. I was curious how this game fared on the PC, are there any problems or issues? Or should I get it on the 360 again? Also I should note that I'm not big into the whole achievment thing so that dosen't really factor. Thanks!    
#2 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -

If your talking about the first one, the PC version is slightly superior. It fixed a few of the inventory problems the Xbox version had.

Mass Effect 2 and PC and Xbox is identical.

#3 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

From what I've heard the UI in ME1 was fixed up a bit when it went to PC, but that's the only version I've played. I can't really remember having any problems with it.  

There's supposedly a problem with Garrus' face texture not working right but I think there's a fix, only issue I can think of for me is the weird lens flare type effects that are all over the game seemed to be too big for me. When talking to Ashley there was one camera angle that would make a light in the back completely obscure her face with the effect, good thing I never liked her.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Be sure to play ME2 on the same platform as your decisions carry over and make ME2 a lot better then using a default Shepard.

#5 Edited by buckybit (1460 posts) -

deleted

#6 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

I think the PC version got better reviews than the 360 version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.