Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Multiple plays, and how they'll effect my Mass Effect 2 game

TomTheRealist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TomTheRealist

I'm coming towards the end of the story; infact I'm just about to face Seren for the last time. 
    I've played through the game before, but decided to revisit it to get a feel for the universe before the sequel. 
    Here's my dilemma: 

On this playthrough I decided to save Kaiden; in fact I've never not saved Kaiden, but now I'm regretting it and want to play through again so I can save Ashley. But that's all I want to to do. No side quest stuff or anything.  

So I guess my question to people who are willing to through their thoughts at this is: if I go for this second playthrough, and only do the main story will my previous decisions on my first playthrough outside of the main story carry over to Mass Effect 2? 

The reason I ask this is that the E3 demo guy explained that there were quite a few decisions that will carry over to the sequel, not just character development. 

Oh and also, would anyone like to see some sort of chance to modify the look of your Shepard? I've got the typical RPG customisable aesthetic anxiety and really want to change a few of Shepard's features.

Giant Bomb; away!!  

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

Every time the credits roll, the game makes a "final save". These final saves are what you see whenever you make a new game+.

So no, I'm guessing the decisions made on two different playthroughs will not be able to affect the same ME2 playthrough.

TomTheRealist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TomTheRealist
    @Bigandtasty: OK, I get you. So you'll most probably have several instances of your 'final Shepard' to choose from when the time comes. 

Mass Effect 3: Final Shepard 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.