My girlfriend deleted my save data...

#1 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

Fuck. She was downloading a game off of XBLA and she needed to make room. Of all the things that she chose to delete. It had to be my fucking Mass Effect save data. Now I have to go through the whole thing again just to get Shepard as powerful as I had him. There goes 30 hours of my life.

#2 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

oh well, I guess you'll just have to play it again. Really dude, you'll probably enjoy it more the second (third, fourth) time around

#3 Posted by mordukai (7133 posts) -

Ohh man!!!! Harsh 

#4 Posted by Nasar7 (2606 posts) -

have her make it up to you ;)

#5 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

I doubt your level will carry over, just the choices. Mass Effect 2 would be so incredibly fucking broken right off the bat if you could just waltz in with a level 60 character from the beginning.

#6 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I've played through it to 100% completion about 6 times, and am working on it a 7th time (to get one last 20 point achievement). That's uh.. almost 400 hours. I'm sure you'll manage.

#7 Posted by TheKidNixon (1564 posts) -

Just hoping you do like the game?

Still...blows.

#8 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -
@Lies: I suppose that I don't HAVE to play through it again, but I do want to have the full experience of Mass Effect 2 and this is a big part of it.
#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -

Well, that's a stinker.  I would be fucking piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiised.  I would expect a blow job from her doing that.

#10 Posted by TheKidNixon (1564 posts) -

I will say I have every intention to play through Mass Effect 2 as my three different Shepards, as well as likely with the official "canon" version.

#11 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" Well, that's a stinker.  I would be fucking piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiised.  I would expect a blow job from her doing that. "
She was confused as to why I was mad, then she got mad at me for getting mad at her, so I don't expect anything. Lose-lose for me.
#12 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -
@RedSox8933 said:
" @Lies: I suppose that I don't HAVE to play through it again, but I do want to have the full experience of Mass Effect 2 and this is a big part of it. "
If I were you, I'd blow through and just imitate the moral choices you made the first time through so all that carries over. Maybe do the romance too if you want- I would be willing to put down money that's all that transfers over. Just the major decisions:
  • Virmire choice
  • Council choice
  • Wrex choice
  • Rachni choice MAAAYBE
  • Probably romance
  • Maybe the Tali sidequest with the Geth data (unlinkely)
I honestly can't imagine anything besides those transferring over- it's just a matter of fracturing ME2 too much.
#13 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -
@Lies said:
"
@RedSox8933 said:
" @Lies: I suppose that I don't HAVE to play through it again, but I do want to have the full experience of Mass Effect 2 and this is a big part of it. "
If I were you, I'd blow through and just imitate the moral choices you made the first time through so all that carries over. Maybe do the romance too if you want- I would be willing to put down money that's all that transfers over. Just the major decisions:
  • Virmire choice
  • Council choice
  • Wrex choice
  • Rachni choice MAAAYBE
  • Probably romance
  • Maybe the Tali sidequest with the Geth data (unlinkely)
I honestly can't imagine anything besides those transferring over- it's just a matter of fracturing ME2 too much. "
But maybe they are creating an adaptive difficulty thingy, so that you can carry over your level, without the game being ridiculously easy.
#14 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

What if I carry over my Level 60 EXTREME POWER GAMER character? Does that mean they increased the level cap?

#15 Posted by TheKidNixon (1564 posts) -
@keyhunter said:
" What if I carry over my Level 60 EXTREME POWER GAMER character? Does that mean they increased the level cap? "
I think that's fair to assume.
#16 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -
@TheKidNixon: If that's the case, then it would take like 6 playthroughs from level 1 to get to whatever the new level cap is...And if they make an achievement for that, they are assholes.
#17 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -
@RedSox8933 said:
" Fuck. She was downloading a game off of XBLA and she needed to make room. Of all the things that she chose to delete. It had to be my fucking Mass Effect save data. Now I have to go through the whole thing again just to get Shepard as powerful as I had him. There goes 30 hours of my life. "
Just restore it from your backup.  You do backup your 360, PS3, and PC at least weekly, right? 

Unfortunately, I myself still haven't figured-out how to backup my Wii 100% yet... just been copying my saves to SD, but not all of them allow for this. 
#18 Posted by Ouroboros (344 posts) -

It's time to dump her..

#19 Edited by TheKidNixon (1564 posts) -
@keyhunter said:
" @TheKidNixon: If that's the case, then it would take like 6 playthroughs from level 1 to get to whatever the new level cap is...And if they make an achievement for that, they are assholes. "
You mean if you're making a brand new Shepard? I doubt that the standard "canon" Shepard would start at Level 1; it would be weird if he/she did.
#20 Posted by Asurastrike (2162 posts) -
@RedSox8933 said:
" There goes 30 hours of my life. "
Lucky for you Mass Effect isn't a 30 hour game. More like 16 hours. :P
#21 Posted by RobtheRobot (90 posts) -

Think about it is it really worth losing "things", possibly her as a girlfriend for being mad be forgiving and never play mass effect again they're plenty of other games out there!

#22 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Since you already know what to do, how to play and I doubt sidequests and levels would carry over (at all), you could probably beat Mass Effect in 10 hours. It's not that long at all. And pursue the romance SQs with the volume turned up to make her jealous, and remember to ask before she deletes game data.

#23 Posted by Xeiphyer (5595 posts) -

Ok, what you do. Demand blowjobs while you play until you finish the game. That will teach her. Also gaming + blowjobs = the best thing ever invented ever. Make her watch you sex the alien babe. then make her paint her skin blue and reenact. ???. Profit.

I still need to finish mass effect, been so busy lately I havent gotten to playing it :( I have really liked what I saw of the game from watching my friend and I definitely wanna finish it before ME2 comes out so I can get the full experience of it.

Note: They should release Mass Effect Game of the year with DLC edition. make it like $40, itl sell tons before the next one comes out. PROFIT!

#24 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I'm sad when i listen to people talk about Mass Effect :(


I gave it a shot, it went so slow and laggy and kept crashing, and it seemed like some kinda Halo1 ripoff with the crosshair and the little creatures you shoot..

Now i wish i kept it cuz it seems really good and theres a second part.

=[ 
#25 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

Sounds like time to delete your girlfriend.

jk. That sucks though. I guess Shepard really does die.

#26 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -

Why did this have to be a topic? Woohoo you have a girlfriend good for you.

#27 Posted by revan342 (1 posts) -

1 thing i wanna know is what part of sheperd will be carreyd on as an iv complead it like 5 time with 1 account what 1 out of those 5 times will it use plus where do i have to leave it ( save wise ) do i compleat it then not start a new with same guy cause i scared

#28 Posted by SaucySala (344 posts) -

Play through it as opposite of whatever you were.

That'll give you some interesting events, I would hope.

#29 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

oh no! too bad you have to play through one of the greatest western rpg's ever, again.  Your life sucks man.

#30 Posted by Baillie (4039 posts) -

My girlfriend plays monopoly and er, scene it, oh and she loves playing persona 4.

#31 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

Dump her.

#32 Posted by killdave (1073 posts) -
@ArchScabby said:
" oh no! too bad you have to play through one of the greatest western rpg's ever, again.  Your life sucks man. "
Fixed.
Oh no! too bad you have to play through the greatest rpg ever, again.  Your life sucks man
#33 Edited by yakov456 (1899 posts) -

I feel a backhand coming on. And don't let her touch that shit ever again. If you have to buy another one just for her.

#34 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -

Leave her now

#35 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

This is exactly why I'm buying my girlfriend her own 360 (when I get one, that is.).

I won't fiddle with her data and she better not fiddle with mine.

#36 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2418 posts) -
Why was that bitch out of the kitchen and playing video games?
#37 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

I remember when my sister deleted all my save games off my ps2 memory card...

#38 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Go for achievements this time. That's the only good thing that can come from this. I had to go through the game like 5 or 6 times to get them all.

#39 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

Women, you can't live with 'em, you can't kill 'em.
Just hide her sanitary products. That'll show her.


Just kidding.

#40 Posted by Agamembar (14 posts) -

I feel the pain of game save deletions, a moment of confusion and poor GUI information provision by the 360 dashboard or what I like to call The Event I deleted every single save I had built up on my 360 over a period of two years, including one and half run through ME, half way through lost odyssey and half way through eternal sonata and full unlocks of all g hero games plus a few other things. I was surprising clam. traded LO and ES though I just could go through it all again. Luckily achievements are stored server side.

#41 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Kill her.  She deserves it.

#42 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Oh mant that really sucks, try and get her to ask you next time before she deletes stuff like that.

Moderator
#43 Posted by _Horde (837 posts) -

Delete her.

#44 Posted by Altered_Confusion (197 posts) -
Truly a tragedy... I don't know what I'd do if my wife did that to me... thankfully we're on a policy of if she wants to download something and there's not enough room, she waits for me to find some stuff to clear out. 

Her sister unplugged my computer once while I had paused a game so that she could charge her cellphone... that wasn't a good day for me.
#45 Posted by AutomaticSnake (390 posts) -

play it again.. i know i am, just for fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.