Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

New Game + and New Character

amarriner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By amarriner

I just completed my first Mass Effect playthrough and while I won't be doing this immediately, I will most likely go back at some point and play through one or two more times. A few questions for those who are hopefully more knowledgeable than me. 

Can I start an entirely new character and have the ability to import either or both into ME2? I played a male Shepard and would like to play a female one (really didn't care for the male voice actor), but I don't really have a good sense for how the import works. If I start completely new character will I be able to later do a New Game + at all with my old character?

FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FartyMcNarly

They are different saves, every shepard that completes mass effect 1 can be imported into mass effect 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.