Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

PC or 360

thebignasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By thebignasty

I'm sure it's been asked before, but what should I get this game for?  I don't really care about achievements, and I have a pretty high end PC that should have no problems running it.  I read that the game was much improved in the PC version, but the reviews on the website sorta seem to indicate otherwise.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Megalon

If your machine is well above the specs I would say PC. You'll get better visuals, a (slightly) improved interface, and probably quicker load times. If there is a possibility that your PC can't run it on really high settings than go for the 360, as you're guaranteed a great experience (as long as a little texture pop-in doesn't bother you).

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
    lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By lightwarrior179

I would go for the 360 even if my PC is able to run it. Don't know that's just me. I just prefer playing the original version rather than the ported one even when the ported one is technically a better version. 

seram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By seram

I heard the PC version is supposed to be better because they made the interface smoother and fixed glitches etc. I personally have a horrible PC so I've been enjoying the 360 version, but if your PC can handle it, I'd say go for PC.

Edit: I just realized this topic was made like 5 months ago... pretty sure if he hasn't gotten it for any system by now, he's probably not gonna get it at all XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.