Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Quicker Leveling?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hatking

Okay so I am going back and playing through Mass Effect again before Mass Effect 2 comes out, I'll spare the details why this is necessary, I'll just say I don't have my old saves. 

Anyway as I remember the game caps the level at 50 and like Borderlands you needed to play through almost twice to get there.  I think back to when I first played the game I am pretty sure I ended up around level 32 after my first play through.  Here I am though not even half way through the game, not even really close(just got Liara on my team), and I am at level 23.  I was wondering if they may have updated it and made the leveling quicker.  Anybody hear anything?

I am playing the game on 360, I am playing it with a totally new character and I am doing it on easy(I just want to get see the story stuff I don't remember).
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

Level cap is actually 60 and there's really no way of quicker leveling. I got to level 60 on two playthrough in which the second one was on the highest difficulty setting. 

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

I made it to 46 with one play-through and I didn't even do everything.  And the cap is 60 on your second play-through, I believe.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Just...keep on playing lol All there is really.
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hatking

What I am saying is that it seems like the leveling is going way quicker this time through.  Seriously like after every other fight I level up.  Not even big fights.  For example I just fought three heavy turrets and then a small geth outpost and leveled up twice in the process, close to three times.  Like maybe they updated it and made the exp you get for each kill significantly higher.  At this rate I wouldn't be surprised at all if I hit the cap in one play through.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mordukai
    @HatKing: It's how the game is on lower levels. On the higher levels it takes much, much longer.  
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatking
    @Mordukai:
    Maybe that is it... it has been like two solid years since I've played it so my memory on that sort of stuff is pretty fuzzy.  I guess I'm used to all the other RPGs which take much longer to level.  Well cool I guess it seems more rewarding.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By SteamPunkJin

If you unlock some of the achievements you'll get boosted exp for all characters not the just one you unlock these on, they include: 
    Completionist (complete 53 assignments and 15 missions) - Exp +5%
    Power Gamer (Reach level 50 with any character - Exp +10% 
    Extreme Power Gamer (Reach Level 60) - Exp +5%

Just try to open every box, doing every activity on every planet and use Charm/Intimidate to solve things over normal choices.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Demyx

You can have a second playthrough??

details please!

Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
    psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By psyborg0815
    @Demyx: It will give you the option to load an existing character when you start a new game, if you've finished the game once.
    Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jiggah

Kill everything ON FOOT!!!  The killing things in the Mako means you only get 1/3 of the experience possible.  It's possible to hit level 50 by the end of the first playthrough and 60 by the end of the second.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Jadeskye

alternatively, set the difficulty on minimum and speedrun everything holding down the right trigger. 

takes about 3 playthroughs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.