**Spoiler** The last decision

#1 Posted by j_meyer_13 (386 posts) -

Did anyone actually pick Ambassador Udina to lead the galaxy/represent humanity?  He always seemed like a complete asshole (and a really stereotyped politician) to me, so there's basically no way in hell I would pick him.  Just wondering if anyone did.

#2 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

I did on my renegade playthrough. I really don't know why they even give you that option, he's just a douchebag.

#3 Posted by HistoryInRust (6274 posts) -

That's, like, the one major change you can make to the storyline. 

*sigh*

Oh, Mass Effect.  You could have been so much more.

#4 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I didn't pick him for the same reasons. I never would pick him...even if I was playing as an evil character.

#5 Posted by j_meyer_13 (386 posts) -

I think the choice you make between Udina and Anderson, along with the choice between saving the Council or not saving them, is going to have a huge impact on Mass Effect 2, assuming the characters transfer over like they're supposed to.

#6 Posted by vvArToRN (12 posts) -

I had a power hungry phsycho who picked udina after letting the council die so I got the humanity will rise up and rule all the galaxy ending

#7 Posted by DorianBlack (311 posts) -

I didn't pick him and would have killed him if it was optional.

#8 Posted by Jedted (2324 posts) -

I never pick Udina, i can't stand that bastard and wish i could punch him in the face like Anderson does.  If wasn't for Udina you woulda beaten Saren to Ilos and the Council could still be alive(i sacrificed them).

#9 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I played Mass Effect through five, maybe six times. I never picked Udina. I hope he gets killed.

#10 Posted by natetodamax (19176 posts) -

I hope nobody did thinking that it was a good idea. I picked Anderson everytime.

#11 Edited by lolwot (254 posts) -
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"That's, like, the one major change you can make to the storyline. 

*sigh*

Oh, Mass Effect.  You could have been so much more."
Dude, what were you on when playing this game?

*spoilers*

Don't you remember choosing between letting Kaiden die or letting Ashley die? Don't you remember choosing either to kill Wrex or to try to convince him that the genophage needs to be destroyed? Choosing to save the council or allow them to die? Or even choosing to sex Ashley, Liara, or neither? I don't know... those are major changes imo.
#12 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -
lolwot said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"That's, like, the one major change you can make to the storyline. 

*sigh*

Oh, Mass Effect.  You could have been so much more."
Dude, what were you on when playing this game?

*spoilers*

Don't you remember choosing between letting Kaiden die or letting Ashley die? Don't you remember choosing either to kill Wrex or to try to convince him that the genophage needs to be destroyed? Choosing to save the council or allow them to die? Or even choosing to sex Ashley, Liara, or neither? I don't know... those are major changes imo."

Don't forget the Rachni...
#13 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -
natetodamax said:
"I hope nobody did thinking that it was a good idea. I picked Anderson everytime."

I always picked Anderson mainly because I read the prequel novel and got attached to the character.
#14 Posted by Thunder (390 posts) -

nope i never picked him hes an asshole

#15 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
lolwot said:
"Or even choosing to sex Ashley, Liara, or neither?"
I spent the entire game trying to get up close and personal with Tali. There was something about her robotic European accent, not to mention those killer hips and yet you can't fuck her at the end. She could have kept the mask on for all I cared.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.