Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Strange Weapon Glitch.... Hope this doesnt break my savegame.

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By essaregee

Okay, so I have played the game a lot, and since the death of my 360 I was forced to buy it for the PC. 
    Now, after becoming level 59 (and starting a new game with my Sheppard) I encountered a strange glitch - permanent weapon overheat. When I use a weapon to the overheat point it just overheats and that's it. No cool down. I can switch weapons, but the minute I get back to the weapon that overheated it's still overheated. This only happens once - for example when I load a saved game, I overheat my weapon and it's stuck, but the minute I load it again I can overheat it and it cools down again. It has something to do with when you start the game fresh (run the game). 
    The overheating problem can also be solved by going through a loading screen (not an elevator but a door that brings you into a new area). 

I am just wondering, any idea if this can screw up my savegames for ME2?  (import savegames)
    Thanks!

haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By haethos

You're not using the High Explosive round as your weapon upgrade are you? 

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I just read about this last night on the Mass Effect WIki : 
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Combat 
    scroll to the bottom or read below

"It is sometimes possible for an enemy to be trapped in an unreachable location (usually, inside or behind a wall). This makes it impossible to kill him. Using Throw, Lift, or Shotgun with High Explosive Rounds can sometimes dislodge them. Alternatively, switching to the " Flying Camera" and shooting them from the location they are in, also works ( PC version only). If this bug happens inside a "zone", a base, mineshaft, etc. simply "zone out" or exit the structure and the enemy will reset it's position inside the zone. Otherwise returning to the Normandy should trigger the reset. "

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By essaregee
    @Haethos: Nope, and HE rounds wouldn't permanently overheat your weapon, they just produce a LOT of heat (+500% more). 

@SteamPunkJin: But the enemies are't getting stuck. I can just go somewhere and start firing at a wall and it will overheat.
    ax3m4hn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ax3m4hn

i once saved a game while i was standing in  an elevator before it went down.  so next time i loaded it up, there i was, inside the elevator, standing on empty space with the door closed. fun. did i mention i was halfway into the game and i had to restart the whole thing?

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By SteamPunkJin
    @essaregee: Bah how embarrassing, I copied the wrong section. This should be it:

On some machines, it is possible to trigger the "Overheat bug" that force the weapon to stay in its overheat state until reloading the game, or returning to the Normandy. This bug is the result of the Dog of War and Geth Hunter Achievements. The only solution here is to remove those achievements from the profile.

Note: A possible fix for this issue is deleting the profile file in the save folder ( edit: for some reason the pathway won't copy and paste- Documents/Bioware/Mass Effect/Save/Profile.MassEffectProfile ) and then reloading the save from every profile to rebuild the file and restore achievements. 

You can also use the unofficial Critical Mass editor to remove the Geth Hunter achievement. 

haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By haethos

how do achievements screw the game up? lol

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By essaregee

Thanks! 

So since this is because of achievements, I don't think that there will be a problem with the carry over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.