Was Bring Down the Sky worth it?

#1 Posted by HairyMike87 (1015 posts) -

I downloaded the 400 point mission and completed it in just under 2 hours. Even though it wasn't that long, I really enjoyed it. So for those of you who bought it, did you think that it was worth $5 to get 50 achievement points?

#2 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Yep, it adds a good bit onto the game.

#3 Posted by Moat (13 posts) -

It was worth it.  It wasnt long but it was very enjoyable

#4 Posted by Jedted (2322 posts) -

It was totally worth it!  I finally got to see the Batarians after reading so much about them in the book.

#5 Posted by Xeno (130 posts) -
Jedted said:
It was totally worth it!  I finally got to see the Batarians after reading so much about them in the book.
I don't know if we should be listening to people who are obviously insane.
#6 Posted by Cooldude224 (19 posts) -

I thought so, It was'nt that expensive, only $5, and it added a little more to gameplay.

#7 Posted by Jedted (2322 posts) -
Xeno said:
"Jedted said:
"
You'd have to be insane not to like the BDtS mission.  Atleast it wasn't as boring as some of the other Uncharted World missions.

#8 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

Definitely worth it, but a little short.

#9 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

Sure, five bucks really isn't much.

#10 Posted by tancred8120 (93 posts) -

$5 bucks for more Mass Effect = awesome. Definitely worth it

#11 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I think so, it's length was fairly decent  for 5 dollars.

#12 Posted by Gunde (25 posts) -

As many others have said, totally worth it!

Just 400 MS Points for more Mass Effect, with Batarians! How could that not be worth it?

#13 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

I thought it was a little short, but worth it.

#14 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -

I think it could have been longer but it was still a lot of fun.

#15 Posted by sterbacblu (231 posts) -

If it was more than 5 bucks, possibly not, but for what it's worth you do get a nice amount of content.  I'd say it was about 90 minutes worth.  I honestly forgot about the content until I did a second play through and then something made me remember so I went and got it.  Now I'm just waiting on some more, and this time I saved before the "no turning back zone."

#16 Posted by MayorQuimby (21 posts) -

I  thought it was worth it. It was great to finally see the Batarians after reading about them in the first book. It was nice change of pace from finding minerals and corpses that's for sure.

#17 Posted by nymets819 (183 posts) -

hey guys thanks for all your opinions because i was decideding on whether to get it when i get more MS points

#18 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Meh, it wasn't that good. I was expecting something more like Virmire or the other planet missions related to the main story. I liked the extra 50 pts, though.

#19 Posted by pyromaniac (1703 posts) -

meh it is a toss up between a 5 dollar foot long and this

#20 Posted by HoNgKoNgPh0oEy (1481 posts) -

didnt play mass effect I know I should but I thought they were making 3 additional content stuff wonder what happen to the others

#21 Posted by YuXing (65 posts) -

i won't pay for it but then again i didn't.
i thought that it will be like the story missions but it turns out to be like any other side quests with a generic backdrop.

#22 Posted by creamstatic (119 posts) -

looks like overall, its something to get. havent really cared much about DLC on games myself. Maybe if it was a new love interest or something, or an extra sexy suit you can put on ona the ladies hehe ^_^ Something revealing. *ahem*

#23 Posted by F1 (346 posts) -

I got the dlc the day it came out but never got around to playing it. I've beaten the game around 8 or 9 times before I got it, but there were so many more games coming out since then that I never got to finish that side mission.

#24 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I still haven't picked it up, but it always seemed like a good deal to me. $5 for 2 hours is fine and if it really gives you insight on the race that the DLC focused on then it's definitely worth it for fans.

#25 Posted by Ice_Cold_Rayman (216 posts) -

A bit short, but it was still fun. I'd say yes.

#26 Posted by Metasin (219 posts) -

As others have said I'd expected it to be a little more fleshed out. I liked it but was a little disappointed

#27 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

It's 25% off now,n so if you haven't picked it up yet I would.

It's a little lean on content, but if you like Mass Effect I would say it's worth the couple bucks it costs.

#28 Posted by Balls (526 posts) -

I did like Mass Effect and you know what? This game ain't worth it.

#29 Posted by KingOfIceland (654 posts) -

Definitely worth it, Especially if you want o find out more about the universe.

#30 Posted by elektrixx (308 posts) -

At it's current price of 300MSP, it doesn't even matter.

#31 Posted by GioVANNI (1285 posts) -

No, it was total waste of money IMO...

#32 Posted by Hexogen (766 posts) -

I thought it was worth it. $5 for 90 minutes of brand new gameplay isn't bad. Of course, the gameplay could have been better. I was hoping for something more similar to a main quest planet, but it turned out to be more like the uncharted worlds that all of Mass Effect's other side quests take place on. But nonetheless, I enjoyed it. It gave me some insight into the Batarian race as well, which came in handy when I read Mass Effect: Revelation.

#33 Posted by Kloreep (139 posts) -

The story content wasn't anything amazing, but getting to meet the Batarians is nice. Mostly I appreciated the presence of new architecture. Even though it reuses some of the same prefab buildings you see elsewhere, the furniture layout had a very different feel from the other sidequests, and there is a unique building or two in which it takes place. It also managed to throw in some new wrinkles to combat that I don't remember facing elsewhere.

If you liked Mass Effect and intend to play it again, get it. If you didn't already plan to replay it though, I wouldn't recommend finding your disc just for BDTS.

#34 Posted by ColMustard (357 posts) -
Moat said:
"

It was worth it.  It wasnt long but it was very enjoyable

"
This is the only correct answer... If Mass Effect had a single flaw it was that the side missions were a bit drab, Bring down the Sky attoned that sin... it will add another hour of cool gameplay as well as introduce you to the beterians and give you a cool side story.
#35 Posted by meatface18 (7 posts) -
Xeno said:
"Jedted said:
"
LMAO.

I have no idea why that would be considered insane Jedted, but I find it funny.

Anyway yeah it was worth it, Spend $10 in a movie theatre for 2 hours where you are uninvolved and dont know if youll enjoy yourself, or spend half that for the same time of entertainment and know that the content will be adding to a ~20 hour experience which you already invested time in and enjoyed.

If you dont like ME, obviously dont buy it though....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.