Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

What did the Giantbomb crew J/R/B/V do? Kill Rachni Queen or not?

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By WickedCobra03

Well?  I am at the point, I have no problems with killing the Rachni race.  They were gone for this long, they caused problems (not sure if it was all at the hand of Saren or not); but I am not sure if it will bite me in the ass in the 2nd or the 3rd mass Effect where they may come in handy if some huge crapstorm war comes about (note the Flood from Halo where they actually helped for a bit)... 

I just want to know what the GB crew did (Jeff, Ryan, Brad & Vinny)?  Or at least were there any Giantbomb podcasts or anything related where they explicitly talked about their experiences.  What did you guys do? 

[EDIT] Sorry if the title is kinda spoilerish.  If a mod can change it, make it something hinting at what I am asking or just take out "Rachni" and leave "Queen" in or something.  Sorry again, wasn't thinking.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

Why does it matter what they did? Make your own decision. 

uberexplodey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uberexplodey

I didn't kill them, and it was mentioned once in some side conversation in ME2. I don't remember, it was pretty insignificant.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WickedCobra03
    @CL60 said:

" Why does it matter what they did? Make your own decision.  "

I just want to hear their talk around the decision more than anything if there actually was any.  I know the game came out around when Gamespot went down the toilet (Gerstmann-gate affair), so I dunno how much was said, maybe an arrow pointing down podcast? 

What did you do CL60?
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Demyx

I saved her. It felt like the right thing to do.

edtwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By edtwo

I also didnt kill the queen

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WickedCobra03

I ended up not doing it, I kind of went with my whole "Halo's Flood helped in the final fight" logic.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Dany

they all kept wrex, i know that. 

That is a such a tough decisions that is neither godo or bad. 

One thing I want ME3 to have, is to have  the left middle and right middle be the locations for hte good or bad decsions because it makes it harder to decide.

beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beej
    @WickedCobra03 said:
    " I ended up not doing it, I kind of went with my whole "Halo's Flood helped in the final fight" logic. "
    More importantly iffin we want to preserve some degree of individual responsibility and guilt (for the sake of the discussion let's say that the rachni queens are each individuals) then it would appear that blaming an individual that wasn't even really alive at the time of the crime they were going to be punished for is unjust. 
    General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By General_D23
    @Dany said:
    "One thing I want ME3 to have, is to have  the left middle and right middle be the locations for hte good or bad decsions because it makes it harder to decide. "
    Yes, please. This is something that they should've done from the start. 

And give you Paragon and Renegade points for both choices.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Dany
    @General_D23 said:
    " @Dany said:
    "One thing I want ME3 to have, is to have  the left middle and right middle be the locations for hte good or bad decsions because it makes it harder to decide. "
    Yes, please. This is something that they should've done from the start.   And give you Paragon and Renegade points for both choices. "
    Or maybe no points because their is no correct decision to make. I hope to seem some evolution of the coversation
    General_D23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By General_D23
    @Dany said:
    " @General_D23 said:
    " @Dany said:
    Yes, please. This is something that they should've done from the start.   And give you Paragon and Renegade points for both choices. "
    Or maybe no points because their is no correct decision to make. I hope to seem some evolution of the coversation "
    While I would prefer that, Mass Effect leans far too heavily on the Paragon/Renegade system to completely carve it out of the big decisions.

Just give equal points Paragon as well as equal points Renegade for both choices. Those that want to fill up those bars are happy, and those that want the choices to be less clear cut are happier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.