What did the Giantbomb crew J/R/B/V do? Kill Rachni Queen or not?

#1 Edited by WickedCobra03 (2106 posts) -

Well?  I am at the point, I have no problems with killing the Rachni race.  They were gone for this long, they caused problems (not sure if it was all at the hand of Saren or not); but I am not sure if it will bite me in the ass in the 2nd or the 3rd mass Effect where they may come in handy if some huge crapstorm war comes about (note the Flood from Halo where they actually helped for a bit)... 

I just want to know what the GB crew did (Jeff, Ryan, Brad & Vinny)?  Or at least were there any Giantbomb podcasts or anything related where they explicitly talked about their experiences.  What did you guys do? 

[EDIT] Sorry if the title is kinda spoilerish.  If a mod can change it, make it something hinting at what I am asking or just take out "Rachni" and leave "Queen" in or something.  Sorry again, wasn't thinking.

#2 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Why does it matter what they did? Make your own decision. 

#3 Edited by UberExplodey (942 posts) -

I didn't kill them, and it was mentioned once in some side conversation in ME2. I don't remember, it was pretty insignificant.

#4 Edited by WickedCobra03 (2106 posts) -
@CL60 said:

" Why does it matter what they did? Make your own decision.  "

I just want to hear their talk around the decision more than anything if there actually was any.  I know the game came out around when Gamespot went down the toilet (Gerstmann-gate affair), so I dunno how much was said, maybe an arrow pointing down podcast? 

What did you do CL60?
#5 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I saved her. It felt like the right thing to do.

#6 Posted by EdTwo (473 posts) -

I also didnt kill the queen

#7 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2106 posts) -

I ended up not doing it, I kind of went with my whole "Halo's Flood helped in the final fight" logic.

#8 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

they all kept wrex, i know that. 

That is a such a tough decisions that is neither godo or bad. 

One thing I want ME3 to have, is to have  the left middle and right middle be the locations for hte good or bad decsions because it makes it harder to decide.

#9 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@WickedCobra03 said:
" I ended up not doing it, I kind of went with my whole "Halo's Flood helped in the final fight" logic. "
More importantly iffin we want to preserve some degree of individual responsibility and guilt (for the sake of the discussion let's say that the rachni queens are each individuals) then it would appear that blaming an individual that wasn't even really alive at the time of the crime they were going to be punished for is unjust. 
#10 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -
@Dany said:
"One thing I want ME3 to have, is to have  the left middle and right middle be the locations for hte good or bad decsions because it makes it harder to decide. "
Yes, please. This is something that they should've done from the start. 

And give you Paragon and Renegade points for both choices.
#11 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@General_D23 said:
" @Dany said:
"One thing I want ME3 to have, is to have  the left middle and right middle be the locations for hte good or bad decsions because it makes it harder to decide. "
Yes, please. This is something that they should've done from the start.   And give you Paragon and Renegade points for both choices. "
Or maybe no points because their is no correct decision to make. I hope to seem some evolution of the coversation
#12 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -
@Dany said:
" @General_D23 said:
" @Dany said:
Yes, please. This is something that they should've done from the start.   And give you Paragon and Renegade points for both choices. "
Or maybe no points because their is no correct decision to make. I hope to seem some evolution of the coversation "
While I would prefer that, Mass Effect leans far too heavily on the Paragon/Renegade system to completely carve it out of the big decisions.

Just give equal points Paragon as well as equal points Renegade for both choices. Those that want to fill up those bars are happy, and those that want the choices to be less clear cut are happier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.