what is the biggest thing you experienced on a second playthrough

#1 Edited by Jamer91 (132 posts) -

Over this week end I decided to play through mass effect again using my first character and I realized that it is a much deeper game then I first realized. During my first play through I only saw what the main questline had to offer and didnt see much of the side quests. during my second playthrough however I am talking to everyone I see and fixing all of their problems. not only am I hoping to see more of the story this way but also earn a few more achievements. overall the biggest thing I experienced so far on my second play through is the mission on earths moon. I thought it was really cool landing on such a familiar planet and seeing earth in the background.

What is the coolest thing you have experienced during a second playthrough of Mass Effect?

#2 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I totally OCD-d my way through that game the first time, so the DLC that I begrudgingly bought was the only addition on my second playthrough...that and all the stuff from the ME1 save that I imported.

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -
@Jamer91 said:
"  overall the biggest thing I experienced so far on my second play through is the mission on earths moon. I thought it was really cool landing on such a familiar planet and seeing earth in the background.  "
That was awesome. So far I haven't been able to get there in ME2. I am disappoint. 

I'm almost always very thorough my first time through games, so I'm having a hard time recalling anything mind-blowing on my second playthrough.
#4 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Man, my second playthrough was crazy. Mainly because my first run was just straight main story and no side quests.

#5 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Nothing too mindblowing, but I liked how they reacted to Shepard, no matter what you say, paragon or renegade, it always sound like a fluid conversation...

Untill the random "I should go".

#6 Posted by blackbird415 (777 posts) -

I still need to play through it once let alone twice. I got both mass effect 1 and 2, but Ive been so over saturated with games and school work I cant focus on one game at a time. 

Ive currently got campaigns going in kane and lynch 2, black ops, dead rising 2, GTA: episodes from liberty city, red faction guerrilla, saints row 2, crysis, dirt 2, torchlight, serious sam HD: the first encounter, zombie driver, vampire the masquerade bloodlines, amnesia, alien vs. predator, fallout new vegas, plus the psp games I have. 

Not to mention I have a debate tomorrow I need to fix the outline and add more sources, I have 3 art pieces to do in illustrator, find a workbook that got lost in the school mail I need to get to my teacher, 4 chairs and a table for creativity class (half the size of normal chairs and a table). I haven't even said anything about the stack of books Ive gotten I still haven't finished reading.  

WHY AM I ON THIS FORUM TYPING THIS I HAVE SO MUCH CRAP TO DO

#7 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -
@blackbird415 said:
" I still need to play through it once let alone twice. I got both mass effect 1 and 2, but Ive been so over saturated with games and school work I cant focus on one game at a time.   Ive currently got campaigns going in kane and lynch 2, black ops, dead rising 2, GTA: episodes from liberty city, red faction guerrilla, saints row 2, crysis, dirt 2, torchlight, serious sam HD: the first encounter, zombie driver, vampire the masquerade bloodlines, amnesia, alien vs. predator, fallout new vegas, plus the psp games I have.   Not to mention I have a debate tomorrow I need to fix the outline and add more sources, I have 3 art pieces to do in illustrator, find a workbook that got lost in the school mail I need to get to my teacher, 4 chairs and a table for creativity class (half the size of normal chairs and a table). I haven't even said anything about the stack of books Ive gotten I still haven't finished reading.   WHY AM I ON THIS FORUM TYPING THIS I HAVE SO MUCH CRAP TO DO "
Mass Effect is one of those games that you can play in short periods of time. its a huge rpg so you arent expected to finish it in one night. the missions (especially the side quests) are ussually pretty short so its a great game to play if you have homework or other things to do since you can pick it up, play a quest quickly and get back to what you were doing :). you should definitely play it when you have the time.
#8 Posted by sopachuco13 (390 posts) -

I just finished my first playthrough. I am going to go through it one more time, at least. I was pretty OCD for the first half of the game, but then I decided to just do the main story line because I was deeply drawn to the story. I think on my second playthrough I will try to get everything.  

I did the Moon on my first playthrough and thought that mission was pretty interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.