where did this come from.....?

#1 Posted by RyanD (93 posts) -

xbox live is now listing pinacle station as new DLC for the original mass effect? i saw this and immediately gooFAWed at the random piece of content that poofed out of thin air. did any one hear anything about this before now? or is microsoft studios the best company at keeping secrets?

#2 Posted by Radar (884 posts) -

Probably the worst launch of DLC ever. No press release, no pre-release hype, not even a hint.

I don't think they've yet officially came out and said it was released.

#3 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6654 posts) -

No one knew anything about it, and that wasn't really a good thing. Apparently it sucks balls.

#4 Posted by ProjektGill (752 posts) -

Not sure if GB is gonna review it but IGN did and basically they hated it. Only reason I would think to buy this is to keep or get an S rank for Mass Effect achievements, get an easy 150 points or if it affects Mass Effect 2 in anyway or shape which I highly doubt.

#5 Edited by atomic_dumpling (2442 posts) -

Wow, that sounds awful. It's basically a mini game collection.

#6 Posted by spankingaddict (2646 posts) -

they are good at keeping secrets, but not good ones apparently :)

#7 Edited by Martdawg (44 posts) -

These reviews are so uninspiring that to play the game through again just to get to Specter status to be able to access the DLC would truely dishearten me.  I think I will just wait it out until the sequel comes out.

#8 Posted by mordukai (7092 posts) -

It's nice to see that Bioware stood by their word and provided a steady stream of DLC for Mass Effect...ohh wait a minute....Never Mind. 

I really hope that it won't take them TWO FUCKING YEARS to come up with WORTHY DLC for Mass Effect 2.     

#9 Posted by zoozilla (974 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
"   It's nice to see that Bioware stood by their word and provided a steady stream of DLC for Mass Effect...ohh wait a minute....Never Mind. 

I really hope that it won't take them TWO FUCKING YEARS to come up with WORTHY DLC for Mass Effect 2.      "
It's not actually made by BioWare, either.  It's done by the guys who did the PC port.

I don't blame them, really.  I would rather them focus all their energies into ME 2.
#10 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -
@Radar said:
" Probably the worst launch of DLC ever. No press release, no pre-release hype, not even a hint.  I don't think they've yet officially came out and said it was released. "
It's because the DLC is horrible. You remember how you hated combat in Mass Effect? Well you're going to hate it even more you have to pay for a combat arena.
#11 Posted by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

It's a time trial kill fest. It apparently sucks.

#12 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2452 posts) -

I was absolutely stoked to see it on the XBL Spotlight page & downloaded it immediately but damn... Yeah, it kinda sucks. 

HEY! Do you like fighting dudes in Mass Effect!? WELL GUESS WHAT!?
Now you can do it with a deadline & limited  health/grenades!!!!

The asteroid thing was pretty lame but at least it had a story. This is just mindless repetition for a shitty reward.

#13 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
"   It's nice to see that Bioware stood by their word and provided a steady stream of DLC for Mass Effect...ohh wait a minute....Never Mind. 

I really hope that it won't take them TWO FUCKING YEARS to come up with WORTHY DLC for Mass Effect 2.      "
Bioware's never been great with this stuff. Used to the PC crowd doing it for them. All we ever got for KOTOR was that trading station over Yavin :( Although that trading station isn't bad, aas you can get some good items and two unique Lightsaber crystals...

Man, I need to play KOTOR again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.