Which Mass Effect book was your favorite?

#1 Posted by xyzygy (9606 posts) -

I liked Revelation best because of one person: Saren. Man he is awesome and I love how Revelation tells his story. 

I read Ascension and though it was alright, I liked how it explained a lot of things about the Quarians and how they mysteriously talk about the Collectors, but ME2 left me disappointed with how they portrayed the Migrant Fleet and the actual Collectors. I was getting so pumped to finally learn about the Collectors in ME2 and was ultimately let down when I found out how much of a pushover "race" they are. How ME2 is winning awards for story of the year is beyond me. I liked how the book described both of them better. 

And I haven't read the next one yet, although it is in my possesh.

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (15596 posts) -

I've only read Revelation and the comic, but Revelation was great.

#3 Posted by bartok (2371 posts) -

My favorite is Wrex's Big Day at the Zoo and Ashley Williams' Guide to being an Intergalactic Racist.

#4 Posted by Venatio (4485 posts) -

I really want  Retribution but I haven't bought it yet 

But out of Revelation and Ascension I pick Revelation, I liked reading about Saren and Anderssons past, not to say that Ascension was bad, also read the comics but they were weak compared to the books

#5 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

I've only read revelation too, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I agree it definitely made me appreciate Saren more. Maybe I'll pick up the other ones in my next round of book buying, the only reason I haven't yet is because I was not in love with ME2 like I loved the first one. 

#6 Posted by S0ndor (2715 posts) -

Ascension. Really liked the characters in that one, and I really liked the part with the Migrant Fleet.

#7 Posted by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

The first one because I read it in Keith David's voice.

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

mass effect... books ?  

sounds..good !

#9 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" The first one because I read it in Keith David's voice. "
Wow. That would bring it to the level of a Pulitzer Prize winner................. I mean damn, I even watched the cape because he was in it. 
#10 Posted by Vorbis (2748 posts) -

Revelation, it made Anderson seem like a love struck whimp while making Saren seem like a badass.  

#11 Edited by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

Ascension. I thought Revelation was pretty good, but I liked the characters involved in Ascension much more, and by the time I got around to reading it, the focus on the quarians was a big plus. Retribution ended up being okay. The only thing I really disliked about it was them solidifying Udina's Council position, though that was a big objection I had.

#12 Posted by Kazona (3054 posts) -

Retribution was my favorite book. Revelations was great too (although it made me despise Saren), but I think with Retribution, Drew Karpyshyn did a better job with his descriptions of non-action parts.

Ascension was a bit of a letdown to me. Perhaps that is because it really feels more like a side story, and not so much part of the overarching storyline of the games.

#13 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Revelations.

Ascension was too much of a sidestory to matter to me, but Kahlee's (right?) a pretty bad ass chick.

Didn't read Retribution yet.

#14 Posted by Soapy86 (2597 posts) -

Fornax.

#15 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

While they arn't incredible examples of science fiction I have gotten a kick out of the novels and they fill in some interesting backstory. I have to say my favorite moment has to be Skarr shooting a frigate down by himself. Shame he didn't survive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.