WTFs up with Mass Effect PC?

#1 Edited by Black_Raven (1759 posts) -

Iv had this game for about a month now and i am yet to play it because of stupid bugs. When i first installed it and played it ran fine. This isn't a hardware issue because when the game does work it runs at a smooth frame rate on all high settings. The problem occurs every other time i try and play the game, everything freezes for about 3 seconds and then freezes again every few seconds, which is obviously unplayable. This isn't only in-game, this is in the menus as well. So i uninstalled it and thought i would wait for a patch. Now that the first patch has being released i though i would give it another shot. I installed the game and patch and launched it and it worked fine, after launching the game a further 3 times it worked well. I left my PC for about an hour and came but to give the game a serious play through and this fucking pops up! "Game Compromised, please reinstall".... WTF does that mean, game compromized?

#2 Posted by Rowr (5662 posts) -

weird.

Computers are funny like that.

#3 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

I played it all the way through without a hitch...

Good luck with getting it to work, I'm sure some more technical forums could help you

#4 Posted by VACkillers (1063 posts) -

i played it all the way through without too much trouble... only issue i ever had with it, was that when 1 weapon over heated, it would get stuck, and would never come back unless i restarted the game, and it would automaticly make all the weapons over-heat so i couldn't shoot anything at all..... 

that was the only issue i ever had

#5 Posted by Bucketdeth (8012 posts) -

What are your system specs? It could he hard drive space issue or just a weird glitch that happens to most computers.

#6 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -
#7 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -

are your drivers up to date?

#8 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

Could be drivers.

#9 Posted by Kloreep (139 posts) -

"Game compromised" is a real weird error that I've never seen on anything. Could be something to do with the DRM on the game?

#10 Edited by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

Game Compromised message is the copyright protection getting it's own back on you!

#11 Posted by Kuttermax (10 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.