A great RPG but with an average combat mechanism
What was GIANT
- Liara > Need I say more?! She's hot!
- Scope > It's pretty big, not as much as Oblivion but still quite impressive. The Universe/Story takes you in and it's hard to let go.
- Planet hopping > Even though there's a good degree of repetition, it doesn't get old to jump in the Mako and explore these planets, very entertaining. Giving me some ideas for a future game hmmmm....
- Mako > Driving the Mako is a lot of fun, don't know why people complained about the Mako controls. I think they're way better than the combat ones, the Mako rocks!!!
- Dialogue/Speech > very easy to use/navigate, doesn't get much better than that!
- RPG Elements > Typical Bioware with lots of options and selections to choose from.
- Story > Not bad for a new IP, following Star Wars is not an easy feat but it gets close, not there yet. It seems to be missing that cool weapon like a lightsaber that makes you stand out.
- Music > Well done! Love the opening music, it does get a little bit dry when you play the game, needed more variety.
- Graphics > Pretty good but not as good as Gears / COD4 / Assassin's Creed. There are instances when textures take a while to load but not a big deal.
- Combat > By far the weakest feature, KOTOR's turn-based combat was way better. It's realtime but it doesn't feel like an FPS, ideally it needs to be like the GRAW single-player controls. Controlling your team can be a pain, the team AI is average if not poor. Needs significant work.
- Difficulty settings > Due to the average combat mechanism, moving the difficulty setting up can be frustrating at times. I played all CODs on Veteran but I have no interest in increasing the setting in ME.
- Achievements > Poorly done, make you play an RPG 4-5 times is absolutely ridiculous!
- Buggy > Sometimes your character gets stuck and you have to reload etc.
- Auto-save > not frequent enough and having a quicksave button is also missing, can be a pain to go back and save your earliest save.
- Framerate > Pretty bad in some spots, similar to Oblivion which is 2+ yrs old.
- Controls > Not the most obvious layout, could be better. The use of the X button to zoom out in planet browsing vs B button etc.
- Guide/Tutorial > Lacks depth, needs much more info.
- Menus > Again, not enough info and not as detailed as KOTOR.
- Universe map > It would be nice to mark the places you've been to, come on!
- Elevator ride > very sloooowwww
- Spectre > Becoming a Spectre so quickly was very anti-climatic and unexpected, should have happened further down the storyline