Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Massive Chalice

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 01, 2015

A single-player turn-based tactical strategy game developed by Double Fine Productions.

Game freezing and crashing

aku88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aku88

Hey folks!

Long time Giantbomb fan but funnily enough I never post much on the forum. I'm gonna try to be more active here though! Because from everything i've read; you all seem like an awesome, friendly bunch.

Anyway, I digress. I was playing Massive Chalice on the Xone yesterday and had the game crash on me twice within 15 minutes. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing? I'm about 150 years in (and really enjoying it by the way) and both times it happened in the middle of combat where it froze and subsequently crashed to the home screen.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I've had a few crashes on the PC, as well as some times where the screen froze for 5-10 seconds while the game was still going on in the background (for example, it might hang up at the start of the enemy's turn, and it would be my turn again when the screen caught up a few seconds later).

As far as the crashes go, they seemed to be happening right as one of my characters got hit by a Wrinkler. Maybe it has something to do with the combat aging mechanic?

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey, FWIW, I've had this issue several times with the Xbox One version. And to @bbalpert's point, it was often in or around some Wrinkler activity, which is weird. Had one battle that crashed around seven times. Not great.

I eventually got past that one, but unless you want to keep repeating battles, it's probably a good idea to manual save before going into combat, at least until DF puts out some kind of patch.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@alex:I just looked into it and it turns out Double Fine released a beta patch the other day on Steam that's supposed to fix the issue. The patch notes imply that the crash has something to do with Wrinklers hitting characters with certain status effects (like blind or drunk). http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/17223/

So I presume this means an official, non-beta patch should be out fairly soon on Steam and for the Xbox One version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.