Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Master Ball

Object » linked to 20 games

A Poke Ball that can capture any Pokemon without fail.

Which Pokemon NEEDS to be MasterBall'd?

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SilverZeo

I just capture Mewtwo in HeartGold with the masterball I got from Elm, as well as the one I had in White on Kyurem. DId I use them right, or do I need to start trading for hopes to get the another one?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

Most pokemon of that rarity have the same catch chance. There's a forumula you can look up on Bulbapedia, but basically no. You don't need it for anything but even in the best circumstances it can be difficult to catch some pokemon without one.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Phatmac

koffing.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Jack268

I save them for shinies. You can always save before a regular legendary and reset if you somehow do not catch it within like a hundred ultraballs. Shinies are gone for good if you don't capture them.

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SilverZeo

@Jack268: So far, NEVER encountered a shiny at all, unless you count the Red Gyarados...

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By saethir

The only Pokemon I use the master ball on is one of the ones that wander around the different routes. Your dogs, etc. The ones in the same spot you can just save when your next to them. I've lost the patience for those fleeing bastards, however.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

Patamon.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BrockNRolla

Just use the item duping trick. You cruise up and down the coast with any swim able Pokemon until the glitchey Pokemon Missing No. (it will be obvious as it looks like a graphical glitch, almost like a QR code actually). I forget the exact trick, but you can then get unlimited master balls!

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By sgjackson

Wandering legends are the most obnoxious to catch so I usually save them for those. I wouldn't be opposed to using one on a shiny, either.

yami4ct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By yami4ct

@SilverZeo: The encounter rate is really low, but there are certain ways to boost it. In Black and White 2, they have an item that increases the shiny rate if you complete the national dex. Seems like a really nice reward. Honestly, I've only ever seen one shiny in my years of playing Pokemon games. I got a shiny Woobat in White, It was an easy catch with an ultra ball, so I didn't need to resort to the master.

Honestly, I don't really see much use for a master ball. All the legendaries are perfectly catchable with a good battle strategy, ultra balls and patience. I'd save it for if you ever encountered a difficult to catch shiny, like maybe a roaming legendary or something like an Abra that runs away.

SilverZeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SilverZeo

@yami4ct: Yeah, but I'm trying to practial... I acciendtialy "flung" my Lucky Coin item in White, so it's lost forever, meaning less Zenny or whatever the currency for Ultraballs, Timerballs, Quickballs, RepeatBalls, and all those other advantage balls. I know people have capture Mewtwo with things less than than a masterball, but still, the likely hood of the outcome of an event is still the same no matter how many times you try it. You can flip a coin, and though the chances are 50/50 be it heads or tails, it can still land on the same side 20 times in a row.

What I am asking is this: If I was to use a Masterball, like my only one that I have and NOT use a cheat to get more, did the Pokemon I used it on be worth it. I mean, I still haven't caught that 3rd Legendary Weather Pokemon yet, who appears when you have the 2 together at the shrine. Is he hard to capture? I pretty much captured ALL the Legendary Birds, Dogs, Latias, and, just under 2 years of playing (most the years on hiatus), Mewtwo.... oh crud,,, just remember the whole Cliff Shrine after the battle Red.... and the whole Ruin of Alph secret...

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Turambar
    @BrockNRolla said:
    Just use the item duping trick. You cruise up and down the coast with any swim able Pokemon until the glitchey Pokemon Missing No. (it will be obvious as it looks like a graphical glitch, almost like a QR code actually). I forget the exact trick, but you can then get unlimited master balls!
    Pretty sure that's Red and Blue only.
    Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By Levio

I used mine on a psyduck. No regrets

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SexyToad

Abra. Those guys are tricky. But answer your question no Pokemon has to be MasterBall'd. Just use it on a really difficult Pokemon to catch such as Mewtwo. I once caught Suicune with a pokeball. It took around 100 pokeballs I think.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Turambar said:

@BrockNRolla said:
    Pretty sure that's Red and Blue only.

As someone who vividly remembers sitting on the playground in 5th grade, duping master balls; I am aware. It was a joke.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By coakroach

Only shinies.

Legendaries just take time, a shitload of ultraballs and something that can inflict paralysis.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    MasterBall'd 
    MasterBall'd 
    He's a pokemon right? lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.