Matt Rorie new exectuive editor or GameSpy

• 107 results
#1 Edited by ConstantineL (94 posts) -
#2 Posted by Ramone (2967 posts) -

I'm happy he found work but it should have been at GB dammit.

#3 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2305 posts) -

Was just about to post. Glad Rorie has found work again.

#4 Posted by PatchMaster (218 posts) -

GameSpy is still a thing?

#5 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4816 posts) -

I prefer to believe he is in fact the GameSpy.

But hey steady work is steady work.

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4679 posts) -

Good for him. Glad he got work, hopefully he enjoys it. I never knew gamespy was still around but perhaps Matt can make them more known.

#7 Posted by ZombiePie (5675 posts) -

Glad to hear he has work. CBSi and Giant Bomb doesn't have any big positions such as "Executive Editor" open so I'm definitely excited to see Rorie with power.

Also maybe they can have GameSpy adopt the puppy review system.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

great, now i have to read gamespy THANKS A LOT RORIE

#9 Posted by wumbo3000 (971 posts) -

AWESOME! This is merely step 1 of Rorie's master plan to overrun each and every game website with puppies. Congratulations Rorie!

#10 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2010 posts) -

Fuck, now I have to go there. Either way, this means Rorie has work and that's something I can get behind.

Also, I expect a puppy rating system.

#11 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1623 posts) -

It's good for him that he found work but as probably everyone else I'd prefer him on GB.

#12 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -

Hopefully, they start to put up some meaningful video content. Also, I've found a place to get a second opinion on games.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Which is he? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAN, WHICH IS HE!?

#14 Posted by Mezmero (1908 posts) -

Yay Rorie! Good to see that dude back in it!

#15 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3873 posts) -

Sucks that he's not here but really glad to see him getting on somewhere.

#16 Posted by Wraith1 (561 posts) -

I didn't know that gamespy was still a thing

#17 Posted by Forcen (1829 posts) -
#18 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Glad he is getting a pay check, just wish it was from a place I went to.

#19 Posted by ConstantineL (94 posts) -

Honestly, the last time I ever had anything to do with gamespy anything was playing Quake 2 on gamespy arcade. I'm happy for Rorie I will check out what produces for them. I wonder if gamespy will start movie reviews now.

#20 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

Guess I'll have to start visit GameSpy. That's weird...

#21 Posted by Lyfeforce (377 posts) -

Alright, Rorie! Mazel Tov and other such utterances!

#22 Posted by ConstantineL (94 posts) -

Sorry, I was not aware that there was one. I'm some what new to the GB forums.

#23 Posted by TurboMan (7550 posts) -

Good to see Rorie got work, even though I would have much more preferred it to remain with Giant Bomb.

#24 Edited by Gaff (1758 posts) -

@ConstantineL said:

Recently a retweet by Alex Navaro brought this to my attention. Figured it should have a place for discussion here.

Good to see him back in action, and I can't wait to see a new puppy rating system implemented.

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1227156p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

Edit :'at' not 'or' I'm stupid :(

I'm surprised you did not notice "exectuive".

Also: Whoever runs the GiantBombSquad twitter is a dick :P

#25 Posted by churrific (479 posts) -

And just like that I checked out 2 or 3 other articles on their site too. Seems to have worked out already for GameSpy. Congrats to Rorie. If he can run GameSpy like he did Screened, I'd totally be ok checking them out more.

#26 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11753 posts) -

The biggest revelation here is that Gamespy still exists, and now I am going to have to read it.

#27 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4352 posts) -

but I don't want to visit gamespy

#28 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

Good shit to him. Speaking of GameSpy though, that site needs a re-design.

#29 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Which is he? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAN, WHICH IS HE!?

I laughed more at that than I should have!

But great news for Rorie, hope he's happy over there! Even if I'm pissed off he's not on GB instead. :(

#30 Posted by Bane122 (790 posts) -

Glad to see him land something pretty good butt it's not a place I visit. Hopefully he keeps up his blog a bit more.

#31 Posted by hussatron (189 posts) -

GameSpy definitely has been off my radar for a real long time. Maybe I'll start checking it out now that it's guaranteed to have at least 70% more puppies.

#32 Posted by Fattony12000 (7429 posts) -

PupSpy Arcade.

#33 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4816 posts) -
#34 Posted by RazielCuts (2955 posts) -
#35 Posted by alternate (2707 posts) -

Isn't gamespy ign? Either way a job is a job. Executive Editor is almost as dumb, and meaningless, a title as Executive Chef though.

#36 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

All along he's been a Gamespy. A GOD DAMN DOUBLE AGENT.

#37 Posted by me3639 (1760 posts) -

GB's Loss, Gamespy's gain.

#38 Posted by TooWalrus (13206 posts) -

What is GameSpy...? Is Matt Rorie going to be infiltrating Soviet game developers or something?

Well, whatever it is, it's bookmarked now.

#39 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

Way to go Rorie!

#40 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

#41 Posted by Solh0und (1775 posts) -

@Ramone said:

Ditto

#42 Posted by Dixavd (1358 posts) -

My guess, IGN is going to turn Gamespy into their less-formal gaming environment (like Gamespot has Giantbomb) and move over their non-big features and let's play-like content into Gamespy (they already sometimes having Gamespy appear on their main feed with their articles (doing content like what 1UP does) so I'm guessing they will jsut do more of that).

#43 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I thought GameSpy was just a server host now or something now.

Whatever, this is cool.

I guess.

#44 Posted by Trilogy (2655 posts) -

That's so fucking weird. I was JUST making a sandwich and Rorie was on my mind. I was wondering what he had been working on and how I wished GB picked him up after he left screened. Well, at least he's working.

But seriously that's the weirdest fucking timing.

#45 Posted by SeanFoster (868 posts) -

@Solh0und said:

@Ramone said:

Ditto

Yup. He would've been a perfect addition to the aspect of GiantBomb I like most. But, glad he's working!

#46 Posted by Gordy (204 posts) -

@Dixavd said:

My guess, IGN is going to turn Gamespy into their less-formal gaming environment (like Gamespot has Giantbomb) and move over their non-big features and let's play-like content into Gamespy (they already sometimes having Gamespy appear on their main feed with their articles (doing content like what 1UP does) so I'm guessing they will jsut do more of that).

Nope, They're just going back to focusing on PC games. Dan Stapleton left PC Gamer sometime last year to head up the site's reboot.

#47 Edited by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

I was hoping he would end up at GB, but I'm glad he has a job!

#48 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

I do wonder why he was never brought onto Giantbomb. He gelled well (or it at least seemed to) with the bomb guys and everyone on the forums seems to love him.

I guess we'll never know if there was some off screen thing though.

#49 Posted by Dixavd (1358 posts) -

@Gordy said:

@Dixavd said:

Nope, They're just going back to focusing on PC games. Dan Stapleton left PC Gamer sometime last year to head up the site's reboot.

Interesting. I guess it does fill in a blind spot for IGN - but they seemed to have been turning away from PC gaming coverage specifically because of sites like Rock Paper Shotgun get all of the audience for it. Intriguing development for them now to try and compete in that area (especially since the console viewership is going to shoot-up again when new consoles come out next year).

#50 Posted by Daveyo520 (6768 posts) -

@Gaff said:

@ConstantineL said:

Recently a retweet by Alex Navaro brought this to my attention. Figured it should have a place for discussion here.

Good to see him back in action, and I can't wait to see a new puppy rating system implemented.

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1227156p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

Edit :'at' not 'or' I'm stupid :(

I'm surprised you did not notice "exectuive".

Also: Whoever runs the GiantBombSquad twitter is a dick :P

Ya you should report it to a mod like

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.