Rorie is pretty great, but just how great is he?

• 80 results
Posted by Amikron (294 posts) 2 months, 1 day ago

Poll: Rorie is pretty great, but just how great is he? (691 votes)

He's great. 24%
Pretty great. 29%
Super great. 42%
The greatest. 63%

With all the effort that goes into moderating Giant Bomb, I just wanted to make a thread to point out how great Rorie is. From his love of puppies and his joy in sharing them with us, to his fantastic job with moderation, I think Rorie is a pretty cool guy.

The question then becomes: Just how great is he?

Also here is a picture of a puppy:

(Shout out to the rest of the moderation team as well for their tremendous efforts in keeping this site going, your efforts are all greatly appreciated.)

#52 Posted by Jazz (2269 posts) -

Well it has been a long road...

Rorie has always been pretty awesome afaik.

#53 Posted by Robsamuel (68 posts) -

All of the above.

#55 Posted by TheLastGunslinger (242 posts) -

Came here to say how great Matt Rorie is, stayed for the puppies.

#56 Posted by Humanity (9220 posts) -

Matt Rorie used to be a gentle pug but now he's like a pitbull!

#57 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1246 posts) -

He's awesome!

#58 Posted by Excast (935 posts) -

Rorie is great, though I hope he isn't burning himself out by trying to remove every trace of negativity from Giant Bomb comments.

#59 Posted by helvetica (94 posts) -

The best. Big ups to the moderators for what they do.

#60 Posted by Loafsmooch (349 posts) -

I voted for super great. If everyone had the same supergreatness as Rorie, there would be no wars.

#61 Edited by GregoryGold (63 posts) -

He's the best, and this pup will deal with anyone who says otherwise!

(I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to deal with the circular arguments on the forums in a civil manner)

#62 Posted by SpaceRunaway (865 posts) -

I kind of hate that Rorie has to be the one to deal with the worst of the worst, but he is amazing at it, and continues to do a fantastic job interacting with the community all around. Someone get that man a delicious Coca-Cola® beverage, cooled to exactly 33°C.

#63 Edited by Irvandus (2878 posts) -

@clonedzero: I'd take Enterprise over the first season of TNG, come at me!

That being said Rorie is probably the MVP of Giantbomb. It's awesome how much work he puts into trying to keep this a nice site to be a part of.

#64 Posted by pweidman (2334 posts) -

He's great. He had me at that first DS quicklook. He should be doing more of that type of stuff btw.

#65 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4798 posts) -

You know I keep thinking that one of us should use these butter up threads to ask Rorie about Alpha Protocol and his time at Obsidian in general.

AP is no lie one of my top 5 RPGs from the 7th generation. Aside from a few odd comments he's made in past shows I don't think he's ever talked about it. Hell, nobody who worked on it ever talks about it (that I know of).

#66 Posted by bemusedchunk (692 posts) -

greatest ever of all time ever.

#67 Edited by mrfluke (5152 posts) -

Yea, i imagine this is very stressful for him, just had a recent run in with him about my bombcast comment, and he was a gentleman about the whole thing.

#68 Posted by chimpchamp (35 posts) -

Rorie is the greatest, and the mods work is very much appreciated. However, even though I like a cute puppy as much as the next person, his puppy fascination completely confounds me.

#69 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5471 posts) -

Rorie gets props for actually participating in the community, unlike those other people. I only like dogs that don't bark.

#70 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

Basically the best

#71 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (2007 posts) -

Rorie is the fliest, most dapper motherfucker here. He's the One True Community Manager (I have no idea what your title is), and reading "I just wanted to play some Divinity" on twitter genuinely made me really sad. May there always be puppies in your life.

#72 Posted by RazielCuts (2954 posts) -

You're great.

#73 Posted by AlKusanagi (920 posts) -

But what is the common opinion of the cat lobbyists?

#74 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

What garbage i came to this thread SPECIFICALLY for pictures of welsh corgi puppies only!

So hook a duder up ;)

@rorie you continue to amaze me with your saintly patience and dedication to the community. GB is so much richer for your presence.

That dog is addicted to balls look at him he's got the shakes it ain't cute it's sad he should be in rehab if not he'll be selling all the silverware to get his next fix with a pack of tennis balls.

#75 Posted by effache (130 posts) -

@MikeFerrari7 said:

We need to see the return of "Holy Shit That Guy Is Wasted" Rorie.

What about the return of fly-as-fuck, still-wide-awake-at-7AM-after-clubbing-all-night Rorie?

Holy fucking shit this is incredible

#76 Posted by Vahleticar (129 posts) -

I mean, he's pretty great but Alpha Protocol was pretty meh so I dunnoooooooo

#77 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2029 posts) -

Yo, why isn't "It's been a long road..." not even an option?!

But I digress, Rorie is the greatest for being able to commit and put up with are shenanigans and antics!

#78 Edited by csl316 (8658 posts) -

Wait, it's been several days. Are we still talking about how great Rorie is?

Good.

#79 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5471 posts) -

@vahleticar: Rorie transcends talking about Alpha Protocol for no reason.

#80 Edited by JustinNotJason (422 posts) -

@MikeFerrari7 said:

We need to see the return of "Holy Shit That Guy Is Wasted" Rorie.

What about the return of fly-as-fuck, still-wide-awake-at-7AM-after-clubbing-all-night Rorie?

I appreciate up all night, possibly coked up Rorie.

#81 Edited by cooljammer00 (1729 posts) -

He responded to an email I sent him on a Monday night almost instantly, as if we were chatting with each other on an instant messaging platform.

That's how great he is.

edit: Also I had never seen coked up Club Rorie before, so now I'm watching that.

#82 Posted by Sweep (8858 posts) -

Rorie is so great he once broke up a fight between a shark and a bear.

#83 Posted by ripelivejam (3946 posts) -

hey rorie's pretty cool. still kind of a damn nerd tho. :D

also reptiles>rodents>cats>dogs, but dogs are still pretty cool!

i'm going to get banned aren't i

#84 Edited by GregoryGold (63 posts) -

@bisonhero: Mildly-bewildered, overheating, post-ravey M.R. may be the best possible M.R.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.