Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Awesome new Design & Tech Video "Bullet Time"

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By fjordson

Sweet Jesus. Looks better and better with every video.

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NathanStack

My hard-on for this game grows increasingly large.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jerseyscum

People die really, really well in this game. I just saw exit wounds!

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mother of god...

I need this.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jerseyscum

The shotgun kills look like they HURT. Goddamn!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Fjordson: What do you seek from this game? I'm curious.
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By I_smell

I don't get it, it looks like a shooter where you can go slow-motion?

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fjordson

@AhmadMetallic said:

I'm not sure I know what you mean. As in why am I excited about the game?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Fjordson said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Yes.
    Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Jeldh

i already preordered this game to get Max Payne 1 and 2 on steam. I hadn't seen anything of how max payne 3 would turn out, the more i see of it now the less interested i become. Everything seems like a tech-demo for GTA V. Slowmotion and killcam isnt really a dealbreaker for me. I really hope they bring something fresh to the franchise too.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fjordson

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Fjordson said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Yes.

Well, I think the combat looks incredible. The level of detail with the weapons, little things like the bullet wounds on your enemies, and all the animations are all off the charts. Euphoria has come such a long way, really puts other third person shooters this gen to shame I think. Just looks like a ton of fun. I also love the visual style R* is going for. They put out a Design & Tech video focusing on the visual aspects of the game last month and it seems really cool.

Sounds like it controls really well, too. I know a few people that played it at PAX East and they all said it handled beautifully,

As long as all that comes together and the story is interesting then I think this could be an amazing game.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Fjordson said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Fjordson said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Yes.

Well, I think the combat looks incredible. The level of detail with the weapons, little things like the bullet wounds on your enemies, and all the animations are all off the charts. Euphoria has come such a long way, really puts other third person shooters this gen to shame I think. Just looks lie a ton of fun. I also love the visual style R* is going for. They put out a Design & Tech video focusing on the visual aspects of the game last month and it seems really cool.

Sounds like it controls really well, too. I know a few people that played it at PAX East and they all said it handled beautifully,

As long as all that comes together and the story is interesting then I think this could be an amazing game.

Fair enough.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fjordson

@AhmadMetallic: Something tells me you don't share my enthusiasm =[

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Fjordson said:

Max Payne is about much more than good physics and animations and controls. None of what I've seen so far is any indicator of this being a real Max Payne game.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fjordson

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Fjordson said:

Max Payne is about much more than good physics and animations and controls. None of what I've seen so far is any indicator of this being a real Max Payne game.

That's fair. This is certainly a new direction, drastically so in a few areas. But I think if anyone can pull it off, it's Rockstar. I'm finding everything that's new with this to be pretty neat.

Of course, it could all backfire and end up as a really disappointing game. They're staying pretty tight lipped about stuff like the story and the characters so who knows. Hopefully it comes through in that department.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BBQBram

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Fjordson said:

So your problem is with the narrative, the one portion of the game that you really can't say anything conclusive about yet? Hmm.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikeGosot
    @BBQBram said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Fjordson said:

So your problem is with the narrative, the one portion of the game that you really can't say anything conclusive about yet? Hmm.

I think his problem with the game is more along the lines of "This isn't the Max Payne i learned to love and they aren't showing anything to prove the contrary. Instead they're showing that this game is pretty." than "I think the  story of this game will suck ballz yo.". I don't know AhmadMetallic very well, but that is usually the reactions of long time fans.
    Me? I never played Max Payne 1 & 2 so i'm getting this for the combat, and because i live in São Paulo.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BBQBram
    @MikeGosot: I've not played much of the original Remedy games, but I have faith that Rockstar will deliver, especially in the story department. They're just moving from a pulpy comic book version of noir to a more Scorsese-esque neo-noir, which I have no problem with at all! Not to mention the gameplay looks fan-fucking-tastic. Euphoria physics, how I adore thee!
    DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Rockstar's 'thing' is their open world tendency and doing characters and story very well, delivering that in well done in-game cut scenes etc. While none of that has been the 'focus' of a lot of the trailers I feel like all of that comes through in pretty much all of them, as either they are narrated by Max Payne or follow beats from the game that are very Max Payne-esque.

The least 'max payne'-y thing you'll prolly not be getting in this game is the V drug, and possibly not the exact same baby screaming drug trips as before though there will be something similar and honestly I feel like it will be better or at least very cool. Flash backs were shown in the trailers already showing moments in a bar and such, Rockstar knows the beats to a Max Payne game as they've been involved in every single one of them with Remedy. Oh maybe we'll get less or none of the Remedy TV show stuff as I imagine that's a pretty Remedy specific thing that even showed up in Alan Wake, and that hasn't been hinted at from what I've gathered but I haven't really been caring since the 'game' part of the thing looks very great and at the end of the day I'll play a very well crafted video game and have a good time if it has style.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By squirrelnacho

@BBQBram said:

@MikeGosot: I've not played much of the original Remedy games, but I have faith that Rockstar will deliver, especially in the story department. They're just moving from a pulpy comic book version of noir to a more Scorsese-esque neo-noir, which I have no problem with at all! Not to mention the gameplay looks fan-fucking-tastic. Euphoria physics, how I adore thee!

Sorry, that's not an accurate description of the styles at all, which makes sense since you didn't play the original games much.

Max Payne 1 and 2 had a dark, cold, gritty urban neo-noir style with comic book interludes mixed with stylized cutscenes. They also included the quirky touches rememdy is known for.

This new game looks has the looks of a brash, bright, simplistic, action-film.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.