Feel like I killed WAY too many guys

• 54 results
#51 Edited by Frag_Maniac (107 posts) -

Then again a shooter that has you running around doing more Easter egg hunting than shooting isn't really a shooter is it? If I wanted that I'd play DNF where you have to constantly hunt for ego boosters just to maximize your health capacity, but I MUCH prefer this game, so forget that 3D Realms crap.

#52 Edited by SharkEthic (1063 posts) -

@Frag_Maniac said:

Then again a shooter that has you running around doing more Easter egg hunting than shooting isn't really a shooter is it? If I wanted that I'd play DNF where you have to constantly hunt for ego boosters just to maximize your health capacity, but I MUCH prefer this game, so forget that 3D Realms crap.

...what? Who said anything about DNF or Easter eggs? Did you read ANY of the comments on this topic before posting? Duders are making some genuinely thoughtful comments about this game and modern game design in general, and this is your contribution?

#53 Posted by Veektarius (5012 posts) -

@billyhoush said:

Dude, Max Payne 3 is beyond awesome. The little bits of social commentary are so tasty. Like in the final fight against Becker if you take your time mowing down the hordes of troops Becker shouts, "You know Max, you're just another gringo trying to impose his will on our world." "Look what you've become, Mr. Payne. Another fucking terrorist."

That's such an accurate portrayal of the world's resentment towards the US military and it's involvement in recent wars such as Iraq. Max's PTSD has made him into a war torn soldier that just knows to kill. Max and the veteran who was his neighbour back in Jersey were kindred souls because they both went through the same thing.

God I love Rockstar.

You know, that social commentary is kind of empty when everything you do is on behalf of first, the Brancos, and later, the police (if unofficially). It's easy to throw in caustic remarks on well-trodden subjects. Persuading people to your point of view with these remarks, or even making them relevant, takes a little more effort than Rockstar went to here.

#54 Posted by squirrelnacho (332 posts) -

Yeah, the whole game just felt off. This is not really a Max Payne game. It's another developer making the game they want, with their own story, and calling it Max Payne. The levels weren't really designed around bullet time like they were in the original games. There a lot of wide open spaces in this game, making the cover mechanic more useful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.