Have you beaten arcade mode or hardcore mode?

#1 Posted by falserelic (4962 posts) -

I've beaten hard mode and old school mode. I unlock the advance max payne skin for beating old-school mode to use in arcade mode. Max payne looks like something off of minecraft wearing the advance skin. I still got to beat hardcore mode. But at the moment I'm playing arcade mode to unlock multiplayer skins.

#2 Posted by Ehker (234 posts) -

After beating it on hard, I'm not sure I want to try the other stuff. Was a bit of a pain in a few parts, but it's tempting to give another go. The New York minute stuff really sounds... ugh...

#3 Posted by falserelic (4962 posts) -

@Ehker said:

After beating it on hard, I'm not sure I want to try the other stuff. Was a bit of a pain in a few parts, but it's tempting to give another go. The New York minute stuff really sounds... ugh...

Can't blame you I feel the same way. The only reason I'm doing it. Is to get the rest of the unlockables and trophy.

#4 Posted by Triumvir (408 posts) -

I thought Hardcore was a little easier than Hard. It seemed like you get even less bullet time rewards and you can only take two or three shots at the most (upper torso and head shots seem like instant kills), but it seems like the enemies have similar health, so they are easier to kill. Anyway, I could be wrong about all this, but I did find Hardcore easier than Hard. Just remember to hoard painkillers in Chapter XIV for the hanger shootout. I suspect that that one is near-impossibly difficult without 6-9 painkillers at the ready.

#5 Posted by Nilazz (606 posts) -

So, what is the difference between hard,hardcore and old school?

#6 Posted by falserelic (4962 posts) -

@Nilazz said:

So, what is the difference between hard,hardcore and old school?

Hard mode is when you have limited pain killers and the enemies are more deadly. Hardcore mode is pretty much a worse version of hard mode. Old school mode disables the ability to do last man standing. Where you have a pain killer and your about to die, and you have to shoot someone to gain your health back. You won't be able to do that in old school mode.

#7 Edited by rolanthas (239 posts) -

Score Attack and New York Minute are addicting! I implore all to check them out.

I heard old school's not nearly as tough as hard, can anyone confirm? I didn't think hard was that frustrating, apart from maybe the airport entrance, which I always have issues with.

#8 Posted by falserelic (4962 posts) -

@rolanthas said:

Score Attack and New York Minute are addicting! I implore all to check them out.

I heard old school's not nearly as tough as hard, can anyone confirm? I didn't think hard was that frustrating, apart from maybe the airport entrance, which I always have issues with.

Yeah, old school mode wasn't hard. I got through it pretty fast.

#9 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1599 posts) -
@falserelic said:

@Nilazz said:

So, what is the difference between hard,hardcore and old school?

Hard mode is when you have limited pain killers and the enemies are more deadly.

Pretty sure the amount of painkillers you get in Hard is the same as normal. In fact, I ended up with far more painkillers at once than I had on normal because I explored the levels a little more the second time through. The only noticeable difference in the two modes is that, like you said, the enemies do more damage to you.
#10 Posted by falserelic (4962 posts) -

@OneKillWonder_: Yeah your right my mistake.

#11 Posted by sublime90 (524 posts) -

well i played the first chapter for both arcade and new york minute. its cool but im not very good at trying to rack up tons of points but i'll play more of it. im actually thinking about trying hard mode but im getting nervous with people talking about how ball busting it can be.

#12 Posted by rolanthas (239 posts) -

@sublime90: It really isn't that bad. If you got the hang of some stuff in normal, you won't even feel the difference until about the last 1/3.

And painkillers heal fully on hard, I've no idea why.

#13 Posted by falserelic (4962 posts) -

@sublime90 said:

well i played the first chapter for both arcade and new york minute. its cool but im not very good at trying to rack up tons of points but i'll play more of it. im actually thinking about trying hard mode but im getting nervous with people talking about how ball busting it can be.

As long as you don't rush during a shootout you should be fine.

#14 Posted by mano521 (1204 posts) -

arcade mode isnt too tough, and this is coming from someone who sucks pretty hard at this game. Got mostly platinum medals.

New York Minute however, made me want smash my xbox on my face. Gonna try to beat the last level soonish. Not even sure when im gonna attempt hard mode

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.