Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

If you plan on renting this from redbox.. Don't.

• 64 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By musubi

Whelp, ended up just settling on buying the 360 version and saying adieu to Dragon's Dogma. Hopefully the 10$ credit I get from preordering on amazon can be used on Lollipop Chainsaw which is already 45$. That means Lollipop Chainsaw on launch for 35$ potentially! I'm saving money by spending money!

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#53  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@AssInAss said:

Wait, what?! "First half of single player game" HAHA!

So Max Payne 3 is as long as an RPG now?!

I've never heard of something like this.

If game install size is an indicator of game length Skyrim should be one of the shortest games of the past few years. Fortunately game size has almost zero to do with actual gaming time, it's all just how they generate assets and what not. Skyrim is math, most other games are not, Rockstar uses a LOT of special tech like euphoria and generally has very large games because they use open worlds in a way that promotes the large disc size, Max isn't open world but still uses large handcrafted levels and seems to have a lot of content in it, uses the same engine as past Rockstar games.

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By ShinjiEx

Max Payne 3 is a PlayStation 3 game silly heads ^__^

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By CL60

@ShinjiEx said:

Max Payne 3 is a PlayStation 3 game silly heads ^__^

Doubt it. Every other Rockstar game has been better on 360.(LA Noire doesn't count, it wasn't made by Rockstar.)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By jakob187

@AssInAss said:

@believer258 said:

@AssInAss said:

Wait, what?! "First half of single player game" HAHA!

So Max Payne 3 is as long as an RPG now?!

I've never heard of something like this.

Dead Space 2 was an action game and it was on 2 discs; Rage's campaign was on two discs with the multiplayer on the third.

Whoah, really? Were the graphics and cutscenes that good? How long was the game, I remember Dead Space 1 being around 10-12 hours.

Dead Space 2 looked GOOOOOOOOOOOD! The amount of high-res art assets that they used was astounding. Dead Space 1 in comparison is like night and day.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By Phished0ne

@Zidd said:

it could stop assholes stealing games from the redbox and selling them on craigslist.

Redbox doesnt work like that. It charges directly to a credit or debit card. So after a certain amount of time i assume it just debits your account for the full price. Either that or they keep charging you for the rental.

I also occasionally use redbox. It is great to grab a game where i am only interested in one portion of(either single player or multiplayer) i have went to redbox to rent Call of Duty for one day to play the multiplayer for a bit while i wait for other games to come in the mail. Its nice to just be able to walk up to the store, and grab a game for one day just to get a change of pace.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By BrockNRolla

@louiedog said:

@Village_Guy said:

This raises three question for me...

1. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to only have the first disc?

2. Who rents games from Redbox?

3. What happens to all those other discs? Do they have a warehouse full of Max Payne 3 Disc Two?

Redbox game rentals = pick up at 10 AM Saturday, return 9 PM Sunday, pay $2. There are plenty of single player campaigns you could blow through in a weekend for cheap if you wanted to. 1 & 3 have been addressed in this thread.

Exactly. Beat a couple games this way. As someone who has no interest in the vast majority of multiplayer games, a lot of single player campaigns are just far too little to warrant a $60 purchase.

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By kmg90

Doesn't this game have an online pass? Which would make the multiplayer disc worthless.....

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Karmum

@kmg90 said:

Doesn't this game have an online pass? Which would make the multiplayer disc worthless.....

As far as I know the only online pass is related to buying all of the eventual DLC for the game for $29.99, similar to what L.A. Noire employed. I could be wrong, though.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#61  Edited By fox01313

Crazy, glad I rent from gamefly where they send you all the discs of a game that has more than one.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ShaggE

Always feels good when you time your Gamefly return just right to have a game ship on release. :D

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63  Edited By Karmum

@ShaggE:

IIRC Gamefly usually had a game shipped out the day before its release date and made it to my mailbox the next day (release date) or the day after, due to the fact they had a distributing center in Pittsburgh and I was in South Jersey. That was awesome, I miss that.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

At least they are warning people. They really should update their system to allow for multiple discs, or at least allow somebody to rent the second disc as well. Hopefully this won't be an issue for wrong, but there are several big games coming out in the next two years that I'm sure will have multiple discs.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ShaggE

@Karmum said:

@ShaggE:

IIRC Gamefly usually had a game shipped out the day before its release date and made it to my mailbox the next day (release date) or the day after, due to the fact they had a distributing center in Pittsburgh and I was in South Jersey. That was awesome, I miss that.

That's what I did when GTAIV came out, it arrived (from Pittsburgh, no less) on release day. No dice this time because lolsunday, but MP3 should arrive Wednesday, which is fine by me. :D

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I wonder why they changed their policy of only offering the PS3 version in multidisk situations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.