Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Max Payne 3 delayed to Q4 2010

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Rayfield
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Rayfield

I can never understand game publishers sometimes. I understand Q4 = cash but c'mon Take Two, what are you doing with this game? Somebody get Pachter on the phone to expain it to me! 

I'm just glad they've finally locked down a date for Red Dead Redemption. Finally.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By TheHBK

Max Payne 3 dont look too interesting to me.  Unless they do one of two things.
    Give him his hair back, have him hit the gym and shower, put the leather black jacket back on so he can go around killing druggies with bats again...
    or they give him some hair, put him in a tower, have him kill 12 terrorists at Nakatomi plaza and have some good banter with Hans Gruber,
    then I will buy the game.

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 37

#4  Edited By Valkyr
    @TheHBK said:
    " Max Payne 3 dont look too interesting to me.  Unless they do one of two things. Give him his hair back, have him hit the gym and shower, put the leather black jacket back on so he can go around killing druggies with bats again... or they give him some hair, put him in a tower, have him kill 12 terrorists at Nakatomi plaza and have some good banter with Hans Gruber, then I will buy the game. "
    I feel the same, I really hope they cancel that shit and give back the IP to remedy, Alan Wake and its long development cycle ruined a truly Max Payne sequel.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

That's a bummer.  So far the game looks solid.  Maybe this will give them time to clean up the game from bugs and other stuff like that.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheKidNixon

Hmmm...this seems to dash any hopes I had of a brand new GTA game next year, despite the hint in the Liberty City Episodes. But with that all but certainly being a Q4 title, they wouldn't want to crowd themselves out. Disappointing news.

RedRebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RedRebel

Now im pissed,can they decide when it will be realesed??!

Christs sake.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

Surprise surprise.  Of course it's getting delayed.  Rockstar wants holiday dollars.  DUH!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60

They better give him back his leather jacket...it's bad enough that he is bald and has a gut now.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10  Edited By natetodamax

Whoa, that's a long ways away.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By AndrewB

I'll be glad to see them try and go up against the big Christmas hitters with a game as mediocre-looking as Max Payne 3. Who knows, maybe the extra dev time might give them enough time to make the game appealing to me.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Wasn't that surprising considering it's date before was something like November or whatever. There was like 5 screens and that really behind the scenes, video on some dudes demo reel, concept trailer of some bullets and an the concept art image. I trust Rockstar Vancouver with what they want to do to revamp Max Payne.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By pause422

The game has looked like ass since I first saw it to begin with..so I couldnt care at all. Maybe this will give them time to make i better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Well this will be a day one buy, whenever it comes out. Why is there so much hate over his look? Except for the absence of a leather jacket, I dont find a huge problem with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.