Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Max Payne Returns In Winter 2009

• 117 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

A cover mechanic would actually suit Max Payne though so it would feel natural, rather than tacked on cause thats the fad lately. I think you guys are shitting on the game too early because this is Rockstar and they hardly ever make a bad game and their art style owns. You can't expect the game not to change cause if you get the same thing with better graphics then like Doom 3 you'll have everyone complaining it's nothing new. They just need to evolve the franchise in the right way and I'm sure rockstar will do that.

Just hope their PC version actually works unlike their recent games.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By penguindust

By "scrunchy-faced", you mean perpetually constipated.  And, NOW he's "world-weary and cynical"?!?  Excuse me, but I don't remember him being all puppies and sunflowers before.  I'm really not sure about the sameness direction that this title seems to heading.  Personally, I am more interested in Dead to Rights: Retribution, although the 2nd game was crap, I'm hoping the developers knew that and recaptured the first game's uniqueness.  In Dead to Rights (original), Jack Slate, accompanied by his dog, wasn't a grim & gritty cop like every other Punisher clone anti-hero.  This new Max Payne seems to be a game made in the ordinary dark and sulky character template.

MasterChief360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By MasterChief360

All hail to Max Payne!!! But, the face looks a bit like Sam Fisher in Conviction. By the way, where is Conviction? Anyway, let's wait for the new story about Max and Mona.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#104  Edited By MeatSim

I'm down for another Max Payne game.

dillinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By dillinger

I see you guys complaining that remedy isnt the one doing this...but ROCKSTAR is.  Do you understand?  ROCKSTAR.  You know, the immensely successful creators of the GTA series?  Likely one of the best companies to be doing a game about a rundown old washout cop living in a terrible city with a lack of morality.  Did any of you play any of the GTA games?  This is like a step UP.  (i am a massive max payne fan and I'm extremely excited by this news).

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#106  Edited By Captainlunchbox

It'll be set in Africa. Everyone loves nameless wartorn African countries now.

GiantBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By GiantBomber

This is great news. Can't wait to jump back in there.

N2NOther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By N2NOther

They can release it with the same gameplay as the second, and as long as it's longer, (7 hours is WAAAAY too short) I'll be content.

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By brydello

Fucking WANT.

Lingxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By Lingxor

I was compelled to give Vlad his gun back. One bullet at a time.

trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By trav3ler

@dillinger:

That's precisely what we're afraid of - that it will become a GTA clone.  I personally loved Max Payne because it was linear: it told a concise story in a way a sandbox game can never hope to do.  If Rockstar make MP3 a GTA clone, while I'm perfectly willing to accept that it will probably be a high-quality entertaining game, I don't think it will be Max Payne.  It will be Grand Theft Auto: Noir York or whatever city they've transported him to now.

I have serious issues with companies taking IPs from other companies that are still perfectly functional, because the original creators are the ones who understand the best where they want the franchise to go.  Other dev teams can't quite match that.
    AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By AgentofChaos

No doubt Mona will be dead. He is seriously the most downer protagonist ever, and I loved Max Payne 1 & 2's style & stories.

JasonDaPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113  Edited By JasonDaPsycho

It's quite disappointing how Remedy is not going to be involved in the Max Payne series anymore
    But guys, don't forget that Jeff gave Bully, a game that was developed by Rockstar Vancouever aka the guys who are developing Max Payne 3, an 8.7 out of 10
    I'm quite optimistic with how things are gonna turn out

btw, are they going for the RAGE engine or what?

Gawd_of_Rawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Gawd_of_Rawk
    i. LOVE. MAX. PAYNE. GAMES.
    Izaac_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#115  Edited By Izaac_Knight

The original was much better than the 2nd imo, hopefully Rockstar will use the GTA IV engine and make the 3rd just as ground breaking! They are Geniuses.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#116  Edited By gingertastic_10

its a bummer that Remedy isnt working on it..but hey..maybe they will finally finish Alan Wake

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Media_Master

He looks like he could use a hug!

TG_SOLID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By TG_SOLID

I hope they go with Mona being alive, she is my favorite character. Also, boobs.

TG_SOLID

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By TG_SOLID

I personally hope they use the Stranglehold engine. Cover, bullet time, everything that MP3 needs.

Though I kinda hope the Mona does die, because it makes Max a more =( character. I also hope it's linear like the first, the level design in the second was kinda shitty (seriously, how are you supposed to shootdodge if there is a small 2x4 every 3 feet?)  Sandbox games blow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.