Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

Mini-30 and Max Payne 3 multiplayer

Flawed_System

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Flawed_System

What are your thoughts on it?

I personally think it's ridiculous. The 1-3 shot kill is insane...especially when you get hit in the hands or feet. People just hide behind walls or corners the entire game with their Mini-30's (IN SPAWN). I don't know about you, but that's not fun for me...I shouldn't have to play Hide n' Seek in a game where K/D is nonexistent.

Hopefully this isn't viewed as the generic "Oh my God this gun is so overpowered [Rant]" thread. There are a lot of strange things they did with the guns, I'm assuming they were trying to balance it out, but come on.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Poppduder

It does seem a little OP, but I try to counter it with flanking with the mac 10 or whatever, or the shotgun. People so far in multiplayer don't expect you to run up on them dumping rounds and shootdodge their faces off

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

I use that gun all the time but I don't stay in cover unless one of the modes in Gang Wars benefits from doing so (defending a bomb site/territory, protecting the person the other team needs to kill, etc). Running around and killing guys in slow motion is what Max Payne is all about, not sitting back and sniping.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

It's a fair gun, but deadly in the right hands. If you just keep shooting and don't time your shots carefully, you'll miss easily. Anyway they are easy to counter, just sneak around in cover until you can get near or behind them, then blast with your sidearm. You can't play the multiplayer like it's Max Payne. It's closer to old Gears of War to me.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By jillsandwich

I shootdodge all over the fucking place with that thing in Deathmatch and I do rather well for myself, placing in the top 3 every time.

I do notice how everybody else is using it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a bit nerfed in the future. Just part of the fun of being in that zeitgeist of competitive MP games.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Poppduder

I really want to leave work early to go play more Mp3 multiplayer..........

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DharmaBum

It's strange, given the emphasis during a death screen on where you were hit, that shots don't inflict different levels of damage based on the body part. Rockstar already seems more serious about the multiplayer this time so we should expect further balancing alongside the DLC releases if they want to keep people playing.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I keep all my vital organs in my hands and feet, makes people second guess that headshot they wanna get on me.

I look weird with bullet proof gloves and slippers though, maybe that's throwing them off more than anything else.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jerseyscum

I LOVE the Mini-30. Put an extended magazine on that baby and clean some house.

The small clip size and the semi-auto fire does balance it out.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Clonedzero

this is going to sound odd, BUT, softlock multiplayer is WAY more fun. theres less mini-30 whores for one. and more people are willing to try different weapons and do crazy stuff that max payne is all about. everytime i play free aim its all people with the mini30 camping and playing super slow paced and careful.

softlock however is people with dual uzi's and asasult rifles and shotguns and pistols all jumping out of windows at each other doing all sorts of nonsense. i made the switch after getting frustrated with freeaims mini30 nonsense and havent looked back.

Viggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Viggo

I use it all the time. I think it's fine. Especially when you get lumped into a game with people that are much higher levels than you (which is a lot) and clearly have more and better equipment.

DaSmart1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaSmart1

It's a long range weapon in a close range game, and it does good for what it's meant to do. Get in a close range fight with it and you get annihilated.

MaskofMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MaskofMan

When I check my multiplayer stats I'm killed with an AK far more than anything else.

I think the prevalence of mini-30s has to do with it being available at the beginning of the game and not having a really good replacment available till much later.

And in the end, I find it far more annoying when the same guy murders me with grenades than with anything else.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.