Rockstar's biggest error

#1 Posted by dainadus (3 posts) -

Men, I live in Sao Paulo, and I know one thing... THERE AIN'T NO PALM TREES in Sao Paulo, there ain't no jungle, Sao Paulo is a megalopolis, with high traffic, a stinky polluted river that cross the city, lots of trucks, cars, stressed people, lots of buildings, factories, commercial centers, malls, a downtown dominated by drug dealers, hobos, whores, drag queens, thieves... I hope they don't mix up Sao Paulo with RIO, cause rio it's a beautiful place, but Sao Paulo it's a gray city, with a polluted atmosphere, there ain't no monkeys or any kind of wild animal running through Sao Paulo's streets, Sao Paulo it's dark, gloomy and it's bigger than chicago, san franciso or los angeles. rockstar made a mistake, cause why max payne came to Sao Paulo to relax?? Sao Paulo is chaotic, everybody sticks in the traffic everyday. I've seen some pictures of Max Payne 3 and I'm disappointed cause they made a "coloured" place with trees and a kind of jungle or whatever. Well, I hope a great game, and a I wish they don't make this mistake, making a happy Sao Paulo with little apes and high trees, cause there's nothing about it here!

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (18942 posts) -
@dainadus: You know it's just a video game right?
#3 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

Sounds like my city, but we have palm trees.

#4 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @dainadus: You know it's just a video game right? "
#5 Posted by dainadus (3 posts) -

yeah, but they never put Brazilians cities in video games, and now when they chose the biggest one, they make a mistake putting a jungle city instead of a dark megalopolis u.u

#6 Posted by Heartagram (1181 posts) -

I know man i live in raccoon city and i've never seen a god damn zombie why do game creators have to ruin our home towns like that?

#7 Edited by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -
@Ineedaname said:

" @JJOR64 said:

" @dainadus: You know it's just a video game right? "
"

@Heartagram said:
" I know man i live in raccoon city and i've never seen a god damn zombie why do game creators have to ruin our home towns like that? "
what's it like in Raccoon City? 
#8 Posted by dainadus (3 posts) -

ok, maybe I overreacted, but even making a "green" sao paulo, I'm expecting a good game

#9 Edited by mhkjtha (429 posts) -

"You know it's just a video game right?"

You know, if a non-US game company made a game set in los angeles except that los angeles had yellow cabs and times square, you guys would get the same reaction.

#10 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

I'm quite sure we don't have a haunted mansion off the coast of Ireland inhabited by a occult driven family.

#11 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

No, Rockstar's biggest error was the changing of Max's voice actor. I don't care if he's in a different place of his life, his voice would be the same.

#12 Posted by MrMuise (227 posts) -

There are no palm trees in Sao Paulo 

Most likely those are early game screen shots before Max Payne gets to the dirty shitty part of your city. Relax, I'm sure Rockstar will make it a horrible looking place to live full of drug addicts, hookers, and various criminals so you'll be proud to call your festering anus of a city home.

#13 Posted by mhkjtha (429 posts) -

I think rockstar's biggest mistake was making Max Payne not constantly have a stupid smirk on his face. 
[img]http://www.gamefatale.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/max_payne_face.jpg[/img]

#14 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

lol, you do a great job of promoting your city

#15 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Rockstar's biggest error: Making Max Payne 3 and then deciding to do it without Remedy.

#16 Edited by Heartagram (1181 posts) -
@AjayRaz: It's actually quite beautiful like 80 degrees every day. It's Kinda like miami with way less drugs
#17 Posted by TheHBK (5471 posts) -

Why they would make Max Payne look like a fat John McClane is my question.  I know they want to do something different but make it so different, you might as well say its a new IP and build hype for that.
Oh and Alan Wake is still a gay looking game with a retarded name.

#18 Posted by Ramyun (664 posts) -

I love Max Payne but I dont know how they're gonna keep the story and the atmosphere that made the first two so great intact in San Paolo. But hey, I'm no game designer maybe they'll surprise me.

#19 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I laughed because you started your statement with "Men" instead of "man". It sounds very funny the other way around. :P

#20 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -
@Heartagram: sounds like a place i'd really like to visit one day. i'm sure there's never been a viral outbreak or anything. 
#21 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

Their biggest mistake: Shaving his head.

#22 Edited by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
@mhkjtha said:

" "You know it's just a video game right?"  You know, if a non-US game company made a game set in los angeles except that los angeles had yellow cabs and times square, you guys would get the same reaction. "

There is a difference between adding a few misplaced trees and getting an entire setting wrong.
#23 Posted by unclejohnny79 (685 posts) -

well i dont mind a few palm trees to make things a little nicer

#24 Posted by Heartagram (1181 posts) -
@AjayRaz:
No man its just all bad press. Our Governer has a lawsuit against capcom cause our tourism is way down
#25 Posted by mhkjtha (429 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" @mhkjtha said:

" "You know it's just a video game right?"  You know, if a non-US game company made a game set in los angeles except that los angeles had yellow cabs and times square, you guys would get the same reaction. "

There is a difference between adding a few misplaced trees and getting an entire setting wrong. "
They did get an entire setting wrong. Didn't you read the OP?
#26 Posted by mikyy (39 posts) -

gta rules lol. random

#28 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

You heard the man: there ain't no fuckin' palm trees in Sao Paulo!

#29 Posted by Deusoma (3004 posts) -
@Hitchenson said:
" No, Rockstar's biggest error was the changing of Max's voice actor. I don't care if he's in a different place of his life, his voice would be the same. "
At first I thought I disagreed, but then I thought about how Old Snake in MGS 4 had the same voice actor, but sounded rough as hell, and I realize that you're right. Maybe the other guy just can't do tired, grizzled, and even more gravelly.
#30 Posted by GoronSurvivor (31 posts) -
@MrMuise said:
"There are no palm trees in Sao Paulo  Most likely those are early game screen shots before Max Payne gets to the dirty shitty part of your city. Relax, I'm sure Rockstar will make it a horrible looking place to live full of drug addicts, hookers, and various criminals so you'll be proud to call your festering anus of a city home. "
lmao, well judging by those pictures it looks a hell of a lot nicer then how the OP described it.. shit it even looks cleaner then my city and my city isn't even a quarter the size.
#31 Posted by CollegeFootballGuy (120 posts) -
@Djeffers03 said:
"lol, you do a great job of promoting your city "

thats what im saying,  you'd probably bitch and moan if the made it accurate ( by what your saying atleast) and it poor and grey. then you would be talking about damn we atleast have PALM TREES!!!
#32 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Sounds like somebody has forgotten to do their research.

#33 Posted by utamaru (96 posts) -
@dainadus:
Yo dude if what you say is true you should probably move to Rio.
#34 Posted by detectivepbert (262 posts) -

This game is supposed to take place in the Sao Paolo suburbs.

#35 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

my city has palm trees

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.