Sniper Rifles - reversed sticks; am I missing some menu here?

#1 Posted by Humanity (8835 posts) -

For whatever reason someone decided that it's a good idea to reverse the sticks when you use a scoped weapon in this game.

I've looked through menus and theres a general southpaw option but that would change how sticks work in the entire game, not just the snipers.

So is there some option, on the 360 mind you, where the left stick zooms and the right sticks aims on snipers? Going through the forced sniping section in storyline was downright painful.

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14578 posts) -

@Humanity: Nope. The snipers on that game are fucked. Not only is it odd to do that but because of that you can't stay in cover and snipe if you notice you'll constantly be moving while sniping. It ruins any usefulness the scope had.

#3 Posted by SharkEthic (1006 posts) -

Scoped weapons felt totally out of place. Skipped them all together whenever possible, so didn't really dig through the menus for a solution.

I'd still take a reversed stick scoped weapon over one with a laser sight though! God those where useless!

#4 Posted by KarlPilkington (2685 posts) -

That's how it is, and it was very annoying. Made me not use scoped weapons at all.

#5 Edited by DharmaBum (1048 posts) -

There's a known bug when scoped in using inverted controls. They really should get around to fixing that.

Oh and you can disable laser sights (select button on controller) as they are indeed totally useless!

#6 Posted by SharkEthic (1006 posts) -

@Lebensbaum said:

Oh and you can disable laser sights (select button on controller) as they are indeed totally useless!

I really wish I'd known that...had a section of the game take 3 times longer than it should have because of being stuck with a motherfucking laser sight!

#7 Posted by BBQBram (2203 posts) -

@Lebensbaum said:

There's a known bug when scoped in using inverted controls. They really should get around to fixing that.

I was gonna say, that must be a bug because my sniping controls were never inverted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.