so.... Giantbomb Max Payne 3 crew?

#1 Edited by kicker1991 (33 posts) -

UPDATE! we have our max Payne GiantBomb crew up and running, thanks to others for setting it up and making all of the sweet images for it, none of which I can rightly take credit for.

links at the bottom of this update, please join it if you are interested in playing with a bunch of super cool duders :D

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/giantbombsquad

Original post

so Max Payne is coming out next week, and on the pc 2 weeks after that and I was wondering if anyone one here was wanting to get involved with a crew for the game? the crew registration opens up in 2 days, so when it opens up we can register a crew name and post it up here, so that anyone from the community can join in on the action, that is if people aren't too busy playing diablo in a week :P

post any messages down below about whether or not your interested.

#2 Edited by CyborgDuo (105 posts) -

I'm totally interested.

I'll probably get it on Xbox, so I'm Cyborg Duo.

#3 Posted by XenoNick (1481 posts) -

I'm up for this. Gonna be picking up the 360 version. GT: XenoNick

#4 Posted by Solh0und (1849 posts) -

I'm on PS3 for next week. My ID will be Solh0und.

#5 Posted by craigymail (209 posts) -

I'm on PS3 hit me up on craigymail619 ;)

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

I'm definitely preparing some grand bombing runs for it on the PC within my GB Gaming Hub program, but I won't be personally participating until I beat the single player.

#7 Posted by kicker1991 (33 posts) -

good seeing some general interest for this. I've done a bit of research, and these crews go through the rockstar social game club, which people here will know from any rockstar game made after GTA4. This should mean that there will only need to be one Giantbomb crew which will work across all three of the platforms, which should be pretty cool with getting more people involved with contributing to the MP. So if this is the case, i'll let you guys know on the 9th after the crew has been made and I will make a post including a link to the crew page where people can sign up, makes it slightly easier rather than everyone adding everyone else on their respective platforms, but if people are still wanting to do that to fill up their friends lists, then this is as good a place as any to do that as well.

i'm not gonna lie, i have no experience with in forum coding, but I will try and find a template for how to make table's, and put everyone's gamertags and user names in one at the front of the forum.

#8 Posted by Levius (1228 posts) -

I'll probably get the PS3 version, I'm MightyAnteater on psn.

#9 Posted by Blur_Fan (142 posts) -

IN

GT: Player Piano

#10 Posted by mosdl (3259 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

I'm definitely preparing some grand bombing runs for it on the PC within my GB Gaming Hub program, but I won't be personally participating until I beat the single player.

SP should only be 6 hours anyways!

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@mosdl said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

SP should only be 6 hours anyways!

You shut your whore mouth, Mos! SHUT IT! 

(Note to the mods: Mos & I are good friends.)
#12 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1542 posts) -

I have it pre-ordered on Amazon for PC. So I'll be down with any PC duders.

#13 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

I believe I pre-ordered the 360 version.

#14 Posted by pweidman (2362 posts) -

I'd be down w/a GB crew, on 360 anyway. Sp will be my first agenda, and however long it takes, it may take me a while because of Diablo 3 at the same time and I'll be on that w/some friends a lot too. Curious though as to how good and lively that mp will be. The RDR mp wore thin rather quick for me. Maybe some fun co-op missions too though, like RDR had.

GT: PWEID5

#15 Edited by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

I got the ps3 version. Don't necessarily know what the overall benefit is to having a crew but i'd be down

PSN: Melikefishnchips

#16 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

360 for me. XvRokyRacoonVx is my gamertag.

#17 Posted by Strife777 (1612 posts) -

It wouldn't hurt I guess. I'm on PS3 if you feel like adding me. Strife777, just like my name here.

#18 Edited by mano521 (1232 posts) -

yes please. i only have a few hundred dollars left in my account but i know i will be getting this game day 1

edit: as i was too excited / drunk to remember what the topic was about at the time of writing that comment, i would like to add that my xboxlive account is Mano521

#19 Posted by Skyfire543 (764 posts) -

Getting the PC version on the 29th. I won't be playing it until later however, becuase I need to upgrade my PC. but add me up on Steam any ways. Skyfire543

#20 Posted by PATJASA (78 posts) -

Count me in, GT: PATJASA

#21 Posted by Village_Guy (2662 posts) -

I'll probably get it day one on the 360, so I guess I'm in, GT: The Village Guy

#22 Posted by Genkkaku (738 posts) -

I'll get the 360 version.. GT: Genkkaku

#23 Posted by BBQBram (2291 posts) -

Day one adopter here, albeit the PAL release so I'll be late by a few days; gamertag is BBQ Bram, for 360 obviously.

#24 Posted by mosdl (3259 posts) -

Looks like pre-registration for Crews happens tomorrow.

#25 Posted by GolazoDan (114 posts) -

360, username's GolazoDan. If you add me as a buddy throw "gb" in a message so it's obvious, :-)

#26 Posted by jillsandwich (760 posts) -

I assume we can make one crew that encapsulates all platforms, so...

GT: jillsandwich96

#27 Posted by McP (14 posts) -

Crews are now live on the Rockstar social club. People can join it from there once the crew has been created. No need to exchange PSN IDs and gamer tags.

#28 Posted by mosdl (3259 posts) -

@McP said:

Crews are now live on the Rockstar social club. People can join it from there once the crew has been created. No need to exchange PSN IDs and gamer tags.

Has anyone created one?

#29 Posted by deox (228 posts) -

Count me in

I'm getting it for 360, GT is: deox77

#30 Posted by Jace (1094 posts) -

I haven't had genuine hype for a game in a long time, but I am pumped for MP3. I'll be on the PC, and I'm pretty sure we can have one crew for all platforms.

#31 Posted by supermonkey122 (874 posts) -

Probably PS3, but I won't be able to get it until the 22nd. PSN: xDarkAssassa1nx

#32 Edited by mosdl (3259 posts) -

OK, I created a giantbomb crew - link.

#33 Posted by StealthRaptor (531 posts) -

@mosdl: I sent a request. Don't let us down, Boss.

#34 Posted by mosdl (3259 posts) -

If anyone wants to build a giantbomb emblem, go ahead!

#35 Posted by Consaw (253 posts) -

Im down for some crew action.

360 GT: Consaw. I also sent a request to the social club.

#36 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
#37 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1542 posts) -

I made a Luchadeer in the Emblem Editor. I'm LataQQ on social club by the way. Scratch that, just made a new account WilltheAsian. Don't really want to use that alias anymore.

Either Giant Bomb has the most generic luchador mask, or Rockstar put some of those pieces in there deliberately.

#38 Posted by mosdl (3259 posts) -

ok, I will delete mine. Metallic always wants the fame

#39 Posted by Lanceuppercut (133 posts) -

Yeah I'd like to join LanceUppercut82 xbox 360

#40 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@mosdl said:

ok, I will delete mine. Metallic always wants the fame

Man you're making me feel guilty now ;p You know I just wanna facilitate setting up bombing runs for myself! 

MOSDL IS AWESOME, YOU GUYS, I SWEAR IT <3
#41 Posted by StealthRaptor (531 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Ahmad, are you going console or waiting for PC?

#42 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@StealthRaptor said:

PC of course!
#43 Posted by StealthRaptor (531 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@StealthRaptor said:

PC of course!

I am glad to hear it!

#44 Posted by DaftIngenuity (11 posts) -

Just sent a request to the crew. So pumped for this game. I'll be playing on the PC version.

#45 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

And I'm in. Probably getting it on PC, but maybe PS3 because those system requirements look mighty damn high.

#46 Edited by Solh0und (1849 posts) -

Sent a request. We're shooting guys in slo-mo next week,duders!

#47 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: Crew request sent, too bad I have a silly username on R* Social Club (Chris_Widell) :(

#48 Posted by Getz (3154 posts) -

Sent my request in; who's playing on the 360?

#49 Posted by BlueHalcyon (3 posts) -

I'll be on PS3 :) PSN ID: Dan_C4551DY

#50 Edited by Scroll (601 posts) -

I'd be interested in joining if any players on BST time zone will be playing. Just requested to join the crew, Gamertag: Doctor Scroll

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.