Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 15, 2012

The long-awaited third Max Payne game finally arrived in May 2012, courtesy of Rockstar Vancouver. Eight years after the end of Max Payne 2, an aging, burnt-out Max finds one last chance to redeem himself while working as a bodyguard for a rich family in Brazil.

What are your predictions concerning Max Payne 3 ?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I have high hopes for this game and i think it will deliver. 

Gameplay wise, its gonna be great. an all new boosted and advanced Bullet Time system, and a revolutionary fusion between cover mechanics and dodging bullets mechanics. 
    However, story wise, it's not gonna be nearly as noire-ish and hard-hitting and memorable as the first two games.. without Sam Lake i dont know what the atmosphere and vibe would be like 

Overall, its gonna be a quality Max Payne game. Rockstar Games only release quality games, and that wont change now. 

Edit: i do think that it's gonna take til 2013 to release.. 2011 = LA Noire, 2012 = Agent 
    and if GTA 5 comes out 2013, it might get pushed back to 2014 
    man this is scary

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By No0b0rAmA

Bad console port on the PC? No high hopes on Rockstar delivering a good game on the PC. 
    Will they have a separate studio for PC like Max Payne 2? Ha. No.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BulletproofMonk

I think that Rockstar will make an awesome game and every naysayer is gonna feel real stupid.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FourWude

My predictions are that in the sixth quatrain of the new moon in 2012 the world will fold in on itself through sheer weight of buggery because people are fucking thick. I see bankruptcies and nations collapsing (but so can five year old kids nowadays), and David Cameron and Obama NOT being re-elected for office next term, unless they use Diebold machines again (which they will).

As for Max Payne 3... 3 stars out of 5, meh in a sea of mehness.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DrPockets000

I think it will be a fun game, but I don't expect it to deliver in sales because everyone will have forgotten about it when it comes out.  I sincerely hope this is not the case.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @FourWude said:
    "As for Max Payne 3... 3 stars out of 5, meh in a sea of mehness.
    "
    .. powerful fucking words ! 
    sad but true =/
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DonPixel

In Rockstar I trust

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

Well. Honestly, I don't really know. Rockstar haven't proven to me that they can make a mechanically competent videogame in this climate of modern gaming. On that front, I'm interested to see how it all works out. Maybe it could be the time for them to finally dive in head first and make a game that controls and feels great. Something that is faster, a bit more fluid - something different than what they've done thus far.

In terms of the story, it could be an awesome story that advances the universe in a logical and sensible way. They did mention the Inner Circle is still involved. However, it could also end up being contrived and full of "in" plot points from past games, tied in, in a very contrived way. Rockstar are always ambitious when it comes to storytelling, and I hope this one is a home run.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.