Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne

Franchise »

This stylish noir thriller series developed by Remedy relies heavily on 'Bullet Time' and sees the player on a quest for revenge.

The Max Payne Appreciation Thread

• 65 results
    blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By blackbird415

I never got to play it as a kid. I wanted to so bad when I was 9. Walking past it in stores and fawning over it, but I never got to enjoy it until this past year and might I say it holds up so well. The story, the art style, the at least competent (merely saying that because there are moment of that 1999/early2000s stiff scripting in events. Still happens in games today)(the gameplay was top not most of the time). It was amazing. I did enjoy the first better than the second. The story flowed way better and it just felt way more flushed out ( not to say that Max Payne 2 wasn't a fantastic game. It was)

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Hitchenson said:

*Insert cough here*  
     *Insert cough here*  
    "
    Fantastic.
    Goldanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Goldanas
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    "dude how do i wall run? i need to be level 2. how do i reach level 2 ingame ? cuz i finished the training thing "
    If memory serves, you need to beat on a bunch of dudes with kung-fu. 

I can remember in the early days of the mod when you had to input console commands to enable kung-fu. There might be some commands to level up your kung-fu as well, but I have entirely forgotten them.
    Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Ramyun

Consider Max Payne appreciated!!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#55  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Ramyun said:
    " Consider Max Payne appreciated!! "
    ithankU
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By DonPixel

Max Payne is probably one of the most immersive experience I've ever had in a Video Game. I did felt the claustrophobia and frustration Max nightmare was. 

Powerful Brilliant game. 
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By owl_of_minerva

It lacks variety in the shooting (post-Matrix gunplay has seriously dated) but the writing and setting are still brilliant. When I was younger it blew my mind and I stil enjoyed it when I replayed the first a few months ago.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get emotional and sad/bleak in my heart when I think of the Max Payne games.

That's how much their tragic world and story have dug deep into my soul.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay! The best part of the Internet, agreeing with people who like the same things you do!

Max Payne is awesome.

LOVE LOVE LOVE all three games, don't give a fuck what anybody says.

I'll never forget hanging in a stairwell listening to two guards talk, right before I rudely interrupted them with a grenade toss at their feet. Now, we all know how awesome the bullet time/bullet effects were, but nobody ever mentions how satisfying that grenade throw and "CLUNK" sound effect when it hit the ground was.

One got me absolutely hooked. Two is my favorite. Three took a different direction, but nonetheless provided some of my favorite moments in video games (when the music kicks in at the airport...goosebumps)

I was also the guy that put about 100 hours into 3's multiplayer. Incredible idea that nobody cared about.

Can we get a Remedy/Rockstar Max Payne 4 collabo?! A man can dream.

Also, does it ever weird anyone else out when they see someone pop the bullet time and NOT shoot dodge constantly? As far as I'm concerned there is no other way to play that game if you aren't flying through the air spraying two Mac-10's all over the place like a busted sprinkler, you are majorly fucking up and denying yourself some beautiful video game magic.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IT'S PAYNE!

WHACK THE SUCKA!

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ezekiel

I feel like I played a different game than everybody else. The game I played was mediocre. I found the sequels much better.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a great game series, and the first was deffinatly the most mature game I had ever played at the time.

I still remember the sense of awe I had in the subway station level when I missed a shot and THE FREAKING BULLET SMASHED THE TILES ON THE WALL BEHIND THE GUY OMG OMG

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since someone necroed this let me say that Max Payne 2 is the best playground of gun-shooting and physics I have experienced and is something I go back to on an annual basis, always having a blast re-loading a quick save just as I shoot someone off a building with various guns just to see the hundreds of ways they ragdoll down and take objects with them along the way.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All 3 games, love em.
    The first game was my introduction to mods, i played the hell out of the Kung Fu mod.

Loading Video...
    Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since someone necroed this

Lol I was going through Max Payne forums and I had to post something here, then after I posted I noticed the date.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.