Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Max Payne

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jul 25, 2001

Remedy's film-noir action game puts players in the role of grizzled cop Max Payne as he tries to clear his name of murder.

Playing Max Payne

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Winternet

So I got that Max Payne bundle that was on sale a week ago on Steam and I started to play the first one yesterday.

And yeah, it's still one my favorite games of all time. It will make 10 years this July and it is as playable as it was 10 years ago. What an amazing and timeless game. That goes for Max Payne 2 as well.
    Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Malakhii

Max Payne is the shit. It's amazing how well both games hold up. I know people seem to be down on it, but I still have faith that the third one is going to kick ass. 

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Winternet
    @Malakhii: Recent news suggest that Max will have hair so it's already better than I thought it would.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By nintendoeats

Max Payne...more like Max PANTS!

I love those games to death. They really have aged quite well.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Malakhii
    @Winternet: And it will have nothing to do with that horrid movie. They even announced they're actually getting the original voice actor to voice Max and do mo-cap, initially they said it was going to be someone new and "older." We'll see when it gets here but I'm cautiously optimistic about it. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Winternet: I've only ever played Max Payne 2 (many, many times), so attempted to play the first in the series a few weeks back.

Man, that thing is not engineered for 7 at all (obviously). There was no sound and cutscenes didn't play. Shame, because I really want to get into it :(
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I need to give Max payne another try. I played it on Xbox last year and found it horribly dated. Nothing about it was any good.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wrighteous86
    @ImmortalSaiyan said:
    " I need to give Max payne another try. I played it on Xbox last year and found it horribly dated. Nothing about it was any good. "
    If you can't go back to Max Payne 1, 2 holds up really well. Give it a shot.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Winternet
    @ImmortalSaiyan: Hmm. Of course the graphics are old, but gameplay wise I can't see how it can be bad. Maybe, if you're only used to recent 3rd person shooters the controls may feel a bit loose. And you're playing with a controller which I have no clue how it fits. PC is always the way to go.

@GetEveryone said:

" @Winternet: I've only ever played Max Payne 2 (many, many times), so attempted to play the first in the series a few weeks back. Man, that thing is not engineered for 7 at all (obviously). There was no sound and cutscenes didn't play. Shame, because I really want to get into it :( "

Thankfully, I've got you covered. Well, technically isn't me, but whatever. I also ran to those problems when I started playing and went to the Steam forums and voilá:

Follow the steps and all should be fine. I'm playing it with no problems.

And yay for people posting on the Max Payne forums. (previous post was like 3 months ago or something)
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ShaneDev

Both are great games but Max Payne 1 goes on a bit longer than it really should. Max Payne 2 however is Remedy's masterpiece and it is one of the best games out there. Max Payne 2 also still looks great on PC.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Winternet

And I've just finished it. Great, great game.

Max Payne 2 next?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.