Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Maxis Software

Company »

Maxis is a Software developer best known for the creation of the SimCity and Sims franchises. The company became a part of Electronic Arts in 1997.

What is Maxis working on?

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By skyline7284

So maxis hasn't come out with a game since Darkspore (May of last year). If you ask me they haven't put out a fully realized since Spore. Think they could be working on Simcity 5? Since EARS handles all of the Sims stuff, i wonder what maxis could be working on?

SIMGOLF 2?!?!

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Phatmac

Spore 2: Electric Boogaloo

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

Maxis is busy being absorbed by ea, behold the fate that awaits bioware.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Based on their past, the next logical step to take a game is SimExistence. You create and simulate everything that is possible to exist in a scale much grander than Spore.

Ofcourse it may take another decade or two just to get all the ideas written.

Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Tan

@Dagbiker said:

Maxis is busy being absorbed by ea, behold the fate that awaits bioware.

Bioware Maxis

:(

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By crusader8463

They are too busy churning out Sims 3 expansions and over priced DLC for the game since the ass holes took out real mod support when they realized they could churn out a few extra dollars from people instead of letting the community grow content on its own.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@crusader8463 said:

They are too busy churning out Sims 3 expansions and over priced DLC for the game since the ass holes took out real mod support when they realized they could churn out a few extra dollars from people instead of letting the community grow content on its own.

Thats not Maxis

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By FrankCanada97

@crusader8463: That would be EA, maxis stopped working on Sims for about 5 or 6 years now.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By JoeyRavn

@crusader8463 said:

Neither Will Wright nor Maxis are related to the development of The Sims 3. Blame the assholes at EA for that.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crusader8463

@FrankCanada97: @SomeDeliCook: Weird. Could have sworn I saw the maxis logo the last time I played. If you google Maxis the page takes you right to sims 3. Hell I don't know anymore.

I mean, if you go to maxis.com.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SSully

I wish they gave spore another shot. That game had some great ideas and was good fun, it just failed to live up to its original hype. Maybe they can do some kind of universe sim game or something. I just want to do some large scale nonsense in space, is that so much to ask for?!

Sgykah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sgykah

SimCity: Reboot

It's an FPS. With co-op multiplayer.

Your character is a misunderstood building that can transform into a robot. You can modify weaponry and purchase new window dressings with the experience you earn from crushing civilians. Watch out for Godzilla. Oh, did I mention that the building never wanted the ability to transform into a robot? It justed wanted to live out its life, next to his loving condo complex, with their son the park.

Also, you get a fully customizable companion, a hellicopter pad.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crusader8463

@JoeyRavn said:

@crusader8463 said:

Neither Will Wright nor Maxis are related to the development of The Sims 3. Blame the assholes at EA for that.

I knew Will moved on a long time ago, but I could have sworn they worked on Sims 3. Oh well. I would rather them work on something new myself.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@crusader8463 said:

@FrankCanada97: @SomeDeliCook: Weird. Could have sworn I saw the maxis logo the last time I played. If you google Maxis the page takes you right to sims 3. Hell I don't know anymore.

I had to Google it to make double sure myself.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By willin

Sim Sandwich

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By captain_clayman

aren't they doing the x-com game?

oh wait that's firaxis. always get them mixed up.

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By fripplebubby

Hmm, remember when they said they could only make a full-3d Simcity the way they wanted when videocards reached a certain specification (1-2GB of VRAM, some other stuff) and then we hit that milestone?

So hopefully that.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crusader8463

@SomeDeliCook said:

@crusader8463 said:

I had to Google it to make double sure myself.

Ya, at this point I would hoenstly be surprised if they are still their own thing and not just EA development house #8934. Even if they are, how much of the people working their are the ones that had anything to do with the games we remember them for?

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By skyline7284

@SSully said:

I wish they gave spore another shot. That game had some great ideas and was good fun, it just failed to live up to its original hype. Maybe they can do some kind of universe sim game or something. I just want to do some large scale nonsense in space, is that so much to ask for?!

Spore was just too shallow, especially until you got to the Civ stage of the game. I heard Darkspore was near, but i never picked it up.

skyline7284

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By skyline7284

@captain_clayman said:

SimGolf was made by both Maxis & Firaxis. (Both Sid Meier and Will Wright worked on it) so i'm praying for a sequel that will never happen.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Dalai

According to sources, they're working on a "AAA simulation-style game." With that said, please be SimCity 5. For the love of God, please be SimCity 5.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By ZombiePie  Online

@Dalai said:

According to sources, they're working on a "AAA simulation-style game." With that said, please be SimCity 5. For the love of God, please be SimCity 5.

You need to come to terms, like I have, with the fact that even if they do make SimCity 5 it's not going to be a follow up to SimCity 4.

None of the people who made SimCity 4 the hardcore city planning game that I remember fondly work at Maxis anymore.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dalai
    @ZombiePie said:

@Dalai said:

You need to come to terms, like I have, with the fact that even if they do make SimCity 5 it's not going to be a follow up to SimCity 4.

None of the people who made SimCity 4 the hardcore city planning game that I remember fondly work at Maxis anymore.

A man can dream, can he? Let me have my dream where SimCity Societies never existed and Maxis is its own separate entity free from the EA tyranny.
    ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By ZombiePie  Online

@Dalai said:

@ZombiePie said:

@Dalai said:

A man can dream, can he? Let me have my dream where SimCity Societies never existed and Maxis is its own separate entity free from the EA tyranny.

Well whatever we all know the last true SimCity game was 3000 Unlimited.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Bwast

Sim Ant 2. IT'S TIME! That fucking lawnmower is going to get his!

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dalai
    @ZombiePie said:

@Dalai said:

@ZombiePie said:

@Dalai said:

Well whatever we all know the last true SimCity game was 3000 Unlimited.

I'm not gonna start an internet fight over this... because I don't fight crazy people.
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Ben_H
    @skyline7284 said:

@captain_clayman said:

SimGolf was made by both Maxis & Firaxis. (Both Sid Meier and Will Wright worked on it) so i'm praying for a sequel that will never happen.

You and me both, buddy, you and me both... :( 

SimGolf... so good.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dalai
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jimbo

SimCity with a well realised (optional) online component would be amazing (ie. your city affected by the player cities around it, commodity prices etc.) SimCity with Spore style content creation and sharing tech would be amazing. Maybe let people design buildings etc. and trade them for in-game $$ or prestige points or something, Forza style.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.