Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mean Streets

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released 1989

The first game in Access Software's series of sci-fi/detective noir adventure games starring private eye Tex Murphy.

Walking Down the Mean Streets Part 2

TinKelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By TinKelp

All the mysteries of E3 are now solved but we still have this murder!

I called Vanessa, Tex's secretary. I ask her about Peter Dull, Sandra Larson, Blaze Weiner, Cal Davis, Sonny Fletcher, Overlord, John Klaus, Maurice Gribble, David Pope and J. Saint Gideon but she only has info on Peter Dull, Cal Davis, Maurice Gribble and David Pope. Here's the pertinent info: David Pope lives at NC 6211, Maurice Gribble lives at NC 8231, Cal Davis lived at NC 3720 and died of an overdose of Cyanide 631. His death was discovered by college Aaron Sternwood and was investigated by Smiley Monroe of the Santa Barbara Police Department (NC 3614). Also, Cyanide 361 and Diet Coke have "similar properties."

Checking back in with Vanessa for info on Aaron Sternwood resulted in a fax that said I should ask Smiley Monroe for his whereabouts.

Cal Davis' home: NC Code 3720

Right away there are two things of note. One: Cal had a science dungeon in his home. Two: His dungeon has a burglar alarm that notifies the police of intrusion if the alarm isn't deactivated in 10 minutes. The switch to disable it can be found behind the cages of dead rats because putting it behind the wall of laboratory animals makes as much sense about anything else here. That out of the way, I pick up a screwdriver and key nearby. South of the cages is a book written by Cal on controlling primates with microchips.

The workbench just to the left of the cages has a memo saying his code password is EHCCETAMK. I can also pick up corrosive chemicals, test tubes and a can of Diet Coke. Inside the cage is a very angry looking ape that is not dead for some reason. Has someone from the SBPD been coming back to feed it or something? Why not the rats as well? Regardless, there's a box inside his cage that's out of my reach and I'm sure the open/close switch should be left alone.

Near the computer desk is a computer that won't work without a passcard, a few locked drawers and a wall cabinet that has Galium Arsenide, a material used in microchip manufacturing. Street value: 2000 bucks. This was largely pointless and I guess I need to come back with a fishing rod or something to get that box in the cage. Moving on.

David Pope's home: NC Code 6211

I uploaded a screenshot but it's not inserting for some reason. Short story even shorter: red herring.

Maurice Gribble's Home: NC Code 8231

See above.

SBPD: NC Code 3614

I ask Smiley Monroe about Aaron Sternwood and he says a "consulting fee" would clear him memory. Trying to threaten him just gets you thrown out. Luckily I can re-enter just fine. I slip him 200 and he tells me I can find Sternwood at NC Code 0439. I ask him about Cal Davis and he wants MORE FUCKING MONEY! SCREW YOU!

Aaron Sternwood: NC Code 0439

Fortunately, Aaron is here and he's not extorting me for info. Unfortunately, he has no real info to give me other than saying that the box in the ape cage probably holds his passcard. Eurrrrrrrrrrgh.

Lee

I call up Lee, Tex's other informant, and get info on Sonny Fletcher, John Klaus, and J. Saint Gideon after paying a large sum of money. Fletcher can be found at NC Code 5170, Delores Lightbody knows where I can find Klaus as they are former lovers, and Gideon lives at NC Code 3891.

Sonny Fletcher's apartment: NC Code 5170

Straight away I ask him about Cal Davis and he gave a very rude response. Threatening him doesn't get me anywhere so I guess bribery is the way to go. I ask him about Overlord and he says Wanda Peck, a journalist for the Chronicle, and J. Saint Gideon might tell me more. I depart and reload my last save so I get my money back from asking him about people that didn't turn up new information. I ask Vanessa about Peck and she says she works at NC Code 4621.

Delores Lightbody's home: NC Code 4920

She says Klaus and Carl Linsky were partners. She used to date Klaus until she dumped him for Linsky. He didn't take it well and Klaus refused to keep working with Linsky. He's become paranoid as of late and can be found at NC Code 7012.

John Klaus: NC Code 7012

He tells me Overlord is supposed to "enhance an executive's mental capacity and performance." He thought it was fishy and got threatened when he started questioning it and led him to go into hiding. Asking about Nexus tells me the computers are linked to the MTC Corp central computer and hands over his green passcard when asked about it. His password is "pawn." Now if only I knew where to use it but at least I know how to take a break and use this Post Blog button.

TinKelp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TinKelp

All the mysteries of E3 are now solved but we still have this murder!

I called Vanessa, Tex's secretary. I ask her about Peter Dull, Sandra Larson, Blaze Weiner, Cal Davis, Sonny Fletcher, Overlord, John Klaus, Maurice Gribble, David Pope and J. Saint Gideon but she only has info on Peter Dull, Cal Davis, Maurice Gribble and David Pope. Here's the pertinent info: David Pope lives at NC 6211, Maurice Gribble lives at NC 8231, Cal Davis lived at NC 3720 and died of an overdose of Cyanide 631. His death was discovered by college Aaron Sternwood and was investigated by Smiley Monroe of the Santa Barbara Police Department (NC 3614). Also, Cyanide 361 and Diet Coke have "similar properties."

Checking back in with Vanessa for info on Aaron Sternwood resulted in a fax that said I should ask Smiley Monroe for his whereabouts.

Cal Davis' home: NC Code 3720

Right away there are two things of note. One: Cal had a science dungeon in his home. Two: His dungeon has a burglar alarm that notifies the police of intrusion if the alarm isn't deactivated in 10 minutes. The switch to disable it can be found behind the cages of dead rats because putting it behind the wall of laboratory animals makes as much sense about anything else here. That out of the way, I pick up a screwdriver and key nearby. South of the cages is a book written by Cal on controlling primates with microchips.

The workbench just to the left of the cages has a memo saying his code password is EHCCETAMK. I can also pick up corrosive chemicals, test tubes and a can of Diet Coke. Inside the cage is a very angry looking ape that is not dead for some reason. Has someone from the SBPD been coming back to feed it or something? Why not the rats as well? Regardless, there's a box inside his cage that's out of my reach and I'm sure the open/close switch should be left alone.

Near the computer desk is a computer that won't work without a passcard, a few locked drawers and a wall cabinet that has Galium Arsenide, a material used in microchip manufacturing. Street value: 2000 bucks. This was largely pointless and I guess I need to come back with a fishing rod or something to get that box in the cage. Moving on.

David Pope's home: NC Code 6211

I uploaded a screenshot but it's not inserting for some reason. Short story even shorter: red herring.

Maurice Gribble's Home: NC Code 8231

See above.

SBPD: NC Code 3614

I ask Smiley Monroe about Aaron Sternwood and he says a "consulting fee" would clear him memory. Trying to threaten him just gets you thrown out. Luckily I can re-enter just fine. I slip him 200 and he tells me I can find Sternwood at NC Code 0439. I ask him about Cal Davis and he wants MORE FUCKING MONEY! SCREW YOU!

Aaron Sternwood: NC Code 0439

Fortunately, Aaron is here and he's not extorting me for info. Unfortunately, he has no real info to give me other than saying that the box in the ape cage probably holds his passcard. Eurrrrrrrrrrgh.

Lee

I call up Lee, Tex's other informant, and get info on Sonny Fletcher, John Klaus, and J. Saint Gideon after paying a large sum of money. Fletcher can be found at NC Code 5170, Delores Lightbody knows where I can find Klaus as they are former lovers, and Gideon lives at NC Code 3891.

Sonny Fletcher's apartment: NC Code 5170

Straight away I ask him about Cal Davis and he gave a very rude response. Threatening him doesn't get me anywhere so I guess bribery is the way to go. I ask him about Overlord and he says Wanda Peck, a journalist for the Chronicle, and J. Saint Gideon might tell me more. I depart and reload my last save so I get my money back from asking him about people that didn't turn up new information. I ask Vanessa about Peck and she says she works at NC Code 4621.

Delores Lightbody's home: NC Code 4920

She says Klaus and Carl Linsky were partners. She used to date Klaus until she dumped him for Linsky. He didn't take it well and Klaus refused to keep working with Linsky. He's become paranoid as of late and can be found at NC Code 7012.

John Klaus: NC Code 7012

He tells me Overlord is supposed to "enhance an executive's mental capacity and performance." He thought it was fishy and got threatened when he started questioning it and led him to go into hiding. Asking about Nexus tells me the computers are linked to the MTC Corp central computer and hands over his green passcard when asked about it. His password is "pawn." Now if only I knew where to use it but at least I know how to take a break and use this Post Blog button.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.