Ketchup On Steak

• 85 results
#1 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -
#2 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

On the recent Bombcast, Jeff declared that he puts ketchup on his steak, causing an outburst from Brad. Do you put ketchup on steak?

#3 Edited by MB (12281 posts) -

I did...when I was five years old and didn't know any better. I guess the one redeeming factor about ketchup is that it can mask the taste of low-rent ass meat, though.

#4 Posted by Ramyun (664 posts) -

Dude, everyone knows that mushroom sauce is the only sauce for steak!

#5 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I've never had a good steak ever.  I don't think they exist.  People just think they're good because they got that idea in their head from someone else.

#6 Posted by Bioderm (194 posts) -

I never tryed it... Next steak I eat I will

#7 Edited by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -

Can't believe Jeff said that... A fellow big man.    Ketchup completely ruins everything that steak is meant to be.  Steak is savory, Ketchup is sweet.  Why Jeff... Why?!   Listen to Ryan.

I should go easy on him thoe.  Lawled like a mofo, when he quickly snapped "NO."  When asked if he saw the Daredevil movie.  

#8 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

I did when I was a kid and my parents didn't know how to cook.

#9 Posted by Captain_Insano (1535 posts) -

waste of a good steak

#10 Posted by _Phara0h_ (889 posts) -

Salt and pepper you don't need anything else, I think the any sauce detracts from the taste of the meat.....

#11 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

If it's poorly cooked, maybe. Other than that? No.

#12 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

I do when it's a mediocre steak. You cook brazing steak and chances are that thing is dryer than you would like.

Now give me a medium rare fillet steak of the highest order and no condiments are needed.

#13 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

I don't eat steak. I think steak is horrible.

#14 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

That's just wrong...as wrong as A-1.

#15 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

Yes I do.

#16 Edited by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

if there is no pepper sauce id go with red sauce

my dad always shoots me the what the fuck are you doing eyes when i do it as well

#17 Posted by iAmJohn (6117 posts) -

Chie would not approve and NEITHER DO I.

#18 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

Nah, I use A1.

#19 Posted by MattyFTM (14370 posts) -

Some sort of thick, chunky tomato relish is alight, but ketchup would just ruin the steak.

#20 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -

the only sauce that should ever be put on steak is A-1, but only on bad dry steaks.

#21 Edited by Smashlampjaw (220 posts) -

Hell to the NO, that sounds nasty and only on a burger and hotdog and frys and meatloaf, yes and I know steak is a form of meat but its different.

#22 Posted by Delta_Ass (3276 posts) -

Ketchup on steak... might as well go all the way and put ketchup on your ice cream.

#23 Posted by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -

Nope, but whatever floats your boat.

#24 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

I've never actually done it myself and I think steak is fine without sauces but to be honest if you give me a bottle I'll put ketchup on just about anything.

#25 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I'm a vegetarian so i can't say anything about it. 
I do love me some ketchup though. 
I'm a large-scale consumer.
#26 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

When I heard them talk about it on the bombcast I was like "why didn't I think of that!", so the next time I eat steak I'll be sure to try it with ketchup.  If it's good on a burger then why wouldn't it work with steak.

#27 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

No.  I put better sauces on my steaks.

#28 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

I avoid steak unless I am at an actual good steakhouse, and I don't think they would even allow you to ask for ketchup in those kind of places :P

#29 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

In my mind thats a huge no-no.

#30 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Jeff was outta line, clearly he's in the pocket of the ketchup lobby.

#31 Posted by jNerd (2011 posts) -

Nooooo, that's stupid.
#32 Posted by guiseppe (2840 posts) -

I don't eat steaks, but back when I did, I put either some sauce on it or nothing. Ketchup on one doesn't appeal to me.

#33 Posted by Lepuke (327 posts) -

Oh, hell no!  I either rub my steaks with spices or make fresh mushroom sauce from the drippings to put over it. 
If you cook em right the juice that runs out when you cut it is all the sauce I need. (I cook mine to medium, which is an internal temperature of 160 Fahrenheit)

#34 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

Everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes. If Jeff likes to put ketchup on his steak then I don't see what's the big problem.  I think seafood is very disgusting but people still seem to eat it. 

#35 Edited by AndrewB (7590 posts) -

I very rarely do. Most of the time, it's because I've also had a side of something like french fries and there's a little extra ketchup left over on the plate. But my answer to the poll question is a resounding "it doesn't matter."

Now, if you want a real debate, ask how people pronounce it: Ketchup, or Catsup.

#36 Posted by NickyDubz (272 posts) -

Who here would eat a proper hot dog ala no ketchup just mustard? A hot dog like its suppose to be.

#37 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

Hm, interesting. Next time we have steak I won't use ketchup, see if it's better.

#38 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

I just straight up hate ketchup. Although, I eat my steak well done, I'm apparently an outcast due to this. 

#39 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

NEVER!

#40 Edited by Delta_Ass (3276 posts) -
@Hitchenson said:

" I just straight up hate ketchup. Although, I eat my steak well done, I'm apparently an outcast due to this.  "

There's not much point to eating a well done steak, it'll be dry and not very tender. 

Also, they'll probably use a bad cut of beef, just because the cooking will mask its quality.
#41 Posted by Xolare (1280 posts) -

Now that I think of It I might put some ketchup on my next steak.

#42 Posted by LiquidPrince (15917 posts) -

No.

#43 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -

No way man.  Not in a million years.

#44 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

I don't like ketchup, so no.

#45 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

I think I may have done it when I was younger, but I wouldn't do it today. I've had a serious distaste for ketchup for a long time now.

#46 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

I just put salt and pepper on my steaks, or a mushroom sauce. I like ketchup but I don't think it compliments a steak right.

#47 Posted by Dethfish (3646 posts) -

Yeah, but I don't really like steak.

#48 Posted by cjmhockey (244 posts) -

Ketchup on steak= a waste of steak.

#49 Posted by TheHBK (5474 posts) -

The closest i got to something like that was putting ketchup on Church's chicken.  But ketchup does make a lot of things taste super good. I dont get Brad's fat ass not putting it on Hot Dogs.  Hot Dogs, fries, eggs, its all good bitches.
#50 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -

You could put A-1 on a shoe and it would taste fucking delicious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.