Unplayable on 360?

#1 Posted by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

So I got this game from GameFly and played the first mission this morning before work and it froze right after the first mission. So after work I booted it up and hit resume campaign and it went to the loading screen and then went black and froze again...

I installed the HD content to the hard drive, but not the disc. The disc isn't scratched at all. Is this just a glitch? Will installing the game help? I'm really glad I didn't buy this game. I wanted to play it, but it doesn't seem like it's going to let me.

#2 Posted by dancingpolkabear (216 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

I wanted to play it

There's your problem right there

#3 Posted by _Chad (960 posts) -

I think if you drop 'on 360' from the title you have your answer.

#4 Posted by SharkEthic (1064 posts) -

@jdh5153 said:

I wanted to play it, but it doesn't seem like it's going to let me.

Well then I guess you dodged that bullet.

#5 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (497 posts) -

I fail to see what the problem is here.

#6 Posted by VoshiNova (1754 posts) -

@dancingpolkabear said:

@jdh5153 said:

I wanted to play it

There's your problem right there

With the swiftness!

#7 Posted by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -

I played through it all yesterday on the 360 with no problems. I installed everything, if that helps.

#8 Posted by Raven10 (1924 posts) -

I played it on PS3 and it was fine. Not a great game, but the couple driving missions were fun and the rest was decent although pretty much by the numbers. Could definitely have been a lot worse. I think my Dad enjoyed watching me more than I enjoyed playing it. After all, it is pretty much an action movie.

#9 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

lol u guys are being so mean why are you judging him for trying to play a game he's interested in and payed for (kinda)

bet most of y'all don't even have any anecdotal evidence to back your opinions up! just stuff you read on reviews.

still got a good laugh so i guess im the hypocritical one but fuck it

@jdh5153: did you ever figure out how to make it go?

#10 Posted by Sjosz (486 posts) -

I never installed the HD texture pack and honestly never had a problem continuing or loading into the game. Way to go to other people being dicks in this topic.

#11 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@thedj93

lol u guys are being so mean why are you judging him for trying to play a game he's interested in and payed for (kinda)

bet most of y'all don't even have any anecdotal evidence to back your opinions up! just stuff you read on reviews.

still got a good laugh so i guess im the hypocritical one but fuck it

@jdh5153: did you ever figure out how to make it go?

We are the Internet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.